Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why 2 Geonosians?

There is a massive amount of characters in AOTC, a lot of interesting ones, too. So why, do you think, Hasbro would decide to make 2 different Geonosian variations for the first wave?!

Don't get me wrong, they're both good looking but why make them both now?
    Andy Smith

Well...

I suppose "just get them out of the way" would be a good way of looking at them. I don't think they are all THAT interesting, so that's MY thought on the subject. Kinda like... they SHOULD have made a couple variations of the Stormtroopers in one wave. This, I suppose, falls into line with the multiple battle droids we got for E1. Multiple sorts of Geonosians and multiple sorts of Clone Troopers.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well, why 4 Jangos?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Talking

Hmmm, got feeling that will end up also with 4 different clone troopers...

Quick Q: Which Geonosian do you like more?

The Warrior -vs- The Massiff Walker
    Andy Smith

Re: Why 2 Geonosians?

Originally posted by neimoidian85
    There is a massive amount of characters in AOTC, a lot of interesting ones, too. So why, do you think, Hasbro would decide to make 2 different Geonosian variations for the first wave?!
    Don't get me wrong, they're both good looking but why make them both now?
    Because there are two different types of Geonosin's, the winged ones and the ones without wings. If you look at the toy fair pictures you can see it clearly that the one that comes with the Masiff doesn't have wings. We arn't sure when they will be released, but they are not in the first wave. I expect to see 1 or both of them on May 16th to coincide with the movie though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

How many figures will be released on April 23rd? I thought it was going to be 26.....
    Andy Smith

Originally posted by neimoidian85
    How many figures will be released on April 23rd? I thought it was going to be 26.....
    There will be 14 basic figures released on April 23rd. StarWars.com is reporting that there will be a total of 26 basic figures on the shelves on May 16th. I assume the more spoilerish figures are being held back for this second wave of 12 figures. The 12 will probably be split 6 in each collection.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I don't like either alien, really. They're too much like generic aliens that you see in TV serials. And the massiff is too...friendly-looking. They're supposed to be vicious, and it's a frickin' puppy-gator.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Only 14....where did it ever say that?
    Andy Smith