Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

McDonalds Toy promo

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelscum
    McDonalds's Star Wars Summer
    Posted by Jeremy on February 27, 2008 at 07:52 AM CST:
    McDonalds will hold a global Star Wars promotion this Autumn to coincide with the release of Clone Wars. It has not yet been decided exactly which countries will enjoy the full promotion, but already there is a list of premiums floating around:

* R2-D2 comlink
    * R2-D2 keeper
    * Yoda light-up saber
    * Darth Vader light-up saber
    * Ewok plush
    * Millennium Falcon lcd game
    * Anakin pen and trainer pack
    * Padmé pen and trainer pack

Keep an eye on Teekay-421.be because they are expecting the first photos later this week!
    Here we go again. At least this time I won't have to walk 5 miles each trip like during the 2005 BK promotions. I just hope the US is one of the countries.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

McDonalds??? WTF? Lucasfilm hasn't partnered with them since ROTJ came out, I believe. That's 25 years ago! God am I old.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What can I say... interesting. I always liked funny SW stuff like potato heads or Burger King and I'm curious about these too...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

The ewok sound slike the only one worth getting.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    McDonalds??? WTF? Lucasfilm hasn't partnered with them since ROTJ came out, I believe. That's 25 years ago! God am I old.
    I believe that was Burger King; the glasses promo. I've always liked the restaurant promos, especially now that my completist disease has been cured.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I, too, always enjoy the restaurant items and the fun of tracking them down. McDonald's has a way of sitting in my gut like a rock so I'll have to pace myself if this comes to the US. Odd, though, that these don't seem to be very much related to the Clone Wars . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I, too, always enjoy the restaurant items and the fun of tracking them down. McDonald's has a way of sitting in my gut like a rock so I'll have to pace myself if this comes to the US. Odd, though, that these don't seem to be very much related to the Clone Wars . . .
    At McD's (and BK as well), you can just buy the toys without having to purchase/eat any of the food. They'll charge you anywhere from $1-2 for the toys.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    At McD's (and BK as well), you can just buy the toys without having to purchase/eat any of the food. They'll charge you anywhere from $1-2 for the toys.
    But the gastrointestinal side effects are part of the fun!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Well, there was that Obi-Wan fry pin they got in 97. I'd think that would count somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I believe that was Burger King; the glasses promo.
    I couldn't find any indication that these were released in the US, but McD apparently had a SW (possibly ROTJ) promo too by look of this picture from Celebration IV.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Unless they pull the refuse-to-do-so card, as some of my local BKs did for the ROTS promotion...
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(