Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm having an allergic reaction

I'm swollen up to twice normal size (I think), am covered with itchy hives, and my entire body is red. My throat is raspy. It's not hard to breathe, but I do feel a bit congested.

I already took Benadryl and am drinking copious amounts of water.

The thing is: I expected this to happen. Those Fillet-O-Fish sandwiches were so worth this.

Well, that's it for prepared fish until this time next year.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Do you suppose the egg on your face has anything to do with the hives?
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I hope you feel better Chux.

I have a cough and I don't like it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I got some sort of rash or hives on the back of my neck a couple weeks ago and I'm not sure what caused it. I had cut my hair that morning and that night I was double checking in the mirror to see how it looked in the back and that is when I noticed. My first thought was that I had fish that night, but I hadn't noticed anything like that before. Then again, I don't always check the back of my neck. Another thought was that I had just cut my fingernails and perhaps I had been scratching that area. Another thought was that I used my electric razor that I normally shave with to go over that part of the neck when I was cutting my hair.

The next Friday, I had the fish again, and didn't notice the problem. I left off the basil, parsley and black pepper that time. I'll try reintroducing those one at a time when having the fish again. Another thought was that I normally get the Atlantic Salmon from Costco. This time it was Wild Alaska Salmon and it still had the scaly skin on one side. Perhaps the way I cooked it resulted in more exposure to the scales the first time. I don't know.

Whatever it was, I had some Gold Bond powder that I put on it. It had faded some by morning and my collar covered it up while I was at work. By that night it was pretty much gone.

Grotesque dude! And for a filet o fish sandwich, really? I am not a seafood lover, but even I can tell they're kinda "meh", the best part is the tartar sauce. Have you ever considered getting the tartar sauce, bun, and cheese, then buying imitation fish like for vegetarians? They make that sort of thing. I've had the shrimp, it was very good actually, you just have to find the right one. I love the Sausage McMuffin but not the fat or cholesterol, so every day I have a Morningstar Farms sausage patty on an english muffin with a slice o cheese, soooooo good.

Although a lot of stuff can set off my asthma, the only food-based allergic reaction I ever had was to a vegetarian meat substitute called Quorn, it's one of the most innocuous foods ever, made basically a fungus similar to a mushroom, but when I tried it my throat started to close up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

When I had the fish the last time, I made my own sort of tartar sauce by putting some pickles in some Miracle Whip.

I like the imitation crab. I had that a lot when I lived with my parents. I don't like real crab and don't eat other shellfish.

I'm not a big fan of sausage either, so I haven't bothered with the Morningstar version, but I have bought their veggie burgers. Lately I've had Boca Burgers instead.

Maybe I got mad cow disease and that's why I'm immitating farm animal calls in the shower?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Just curious. Were you eating fish for Lent?

Myself, I like fish so much, it would be very hard for me to give up, even if I was allergic.

I won't be posting now, as I died yesterday.

Just kidding.

JT, what can I say? I just like me some Filet-O-Fishies. All my food allergies developed in my 20s, and to foods I love (most fish, hazelnuts, pecans, and walnuts). Fish is the one I can somewhat stomach very occasionally. I was allergic to a lot of beans, too, but seem to have "outgrown" it recently.

As for Lent, not particularly, though kinda in a way. Filet-O-Fish sandwiches are cheaper on Fridays during Lent.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm just fine, thank you. How are you?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!