Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vintage OTC figures?

Not sure if this is in the right section of the forums or not (if its not, I'm sorry and a mod can move it if they want).

I was wondering if Hasbro is still doing the VINTAGE Original Trilogy Collection?

(the ones from a couple years ago on the old card, the George Lucas Storm Trooper mail-away series)....

Did they ever do any Prequel VINTAGE style?

And, finally does someone have a list or a link to where I can see what ones were made. And, if they are still doing them a link to new ones coming out.

Thanks in advance.
    [color=purple][font=Book Antiqua][size=3]"With great power, comes great responsibility."[/size][/font] [/color]
    [font=Arial][size=4]-Uncle Ben-[/size][/font]

There were 12 VOTC figures in 2004

ANH
    Han Solo
    Luke Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Princess Leia

ESB
    C-3PO
    Darth Vader
    Lando Calrissian
    Yoda

ROTJ
    Boba Fett
    Chewbacca
    R2-D2
    Stormtrooper

There were 5 Vintage Style figures in The Saga Collection of 2006

Biker Scout (ROTJ)
    Greedo (ANH)
    Han Solo Endor Trenchcoat (ROTJ)
    Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot (ANH)
    Tusken Raider (ANH)

There were 6 Vintage Style figures in the 30th Anniversary Collection of 2007

Bossk (ESB)
    Han Solo Hoth (ESB)
    IG-88 (ESB)
    Luke Skywalker Bespin (ESB)
    Princess Leia Endor (ROTJ)
    Snowtrooper (ESB)

There are none planned for 2008, but they could return at some point in the future. Since there weren't prequels, it probably wouldn't make sense to do Vintage Prequel figures. We are getting some quality prequel figures in the Evolutions sets this year, which is what Hasbro is focusing on this year instead of the Vintage Style line.

Go to the Rebelscum photo archives to see most of them; but I can give you a quick breakdown here:

2004 - VOTC (Vintage Original Trilogy Collection):
    1. Luke Skywalker (Star Wars card)
    2. Princess Leia (Star Wars card)
    3. Ben Kenobi (Star Wars card)
    4. Han Solo (Star Wars card)
    5. Darth Vader (ESB card)
    6. Lando Calrissian (ESB card)
    7. Yoda (ESB card)
    8. See-Threepio (ESB card)
    9. Chewbacca (ROTJ card)
    10. Artoo-Detoo (ROTJ card)
    11. Boba Fett (ROTJ card)
    12. Stormtrooper (ROTJ card)

12" figures in Star Wars box:
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Stormtrooper
    3. Boba Fett
    4. Chewbacca (I think this one was a KB exclusive)

2006 - VTSC (Vintage The Saga Collection):
    1. Greedo (Star Wars card)
    2. Tusken Raider (Star Wars card)
    3. Luke X-Wing (Star Wars card)
    4. Biker Scout (ROTJ card)
    5. Han Solo Trenchcoat (ROTJ card)
    6. George Lucas Stormtrooper (mail-in figure)

2007 - VTAC (Vintage 30th-Anniversary Collection):
    1. Bossk (ESB card)
    2. IG-88 (ESB card)
    3. Snowtrooper (ESB card)
    4. Han Solo Hoth (ESB card)
    5. Luke Bespin (ESB card)
    6. Princess Leia Combat Poncho (ROTJ card)

There were no vintage style figures in 2005 and none planned for 2008, but Hasbro says that they do hope to "revisit" the line in the future sometime.

Also, there have never been any vintage-style prequel figures made. I think Hasbro plans to keep it as a tribute to the original Kenner line, so they're focusing on the original 96 Kenner figures.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

We were typing up our lists at the exact same time MSP.

But you forgot the 12" vintage figures from 2004. Plus I provided links, so there.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

So, what are the Evolutions figures all about?
    [color=purple][font=Book Antiqua][size=3]"With great power, comes great responsibility."[/size][/font] [/color]
    [font=Arial][size=4]-Uncle Ben-[/size][/font]

Evolutions are 3-packs that show the evolution of a character or type of character. These figures tend to be pretty good quality with lots of articulation. In 2005 we had:

Anakin to Darth Vader: Anakin from Episode II, Episode III, and Darth Vader.
    The Sith: Darth Maul, Count Dooku and Darth Sidious
    Clone Trooper to Stormtrooper: Episode II Clone, Episode III Clone, Sandtrooper (there was a color variation in this set)

This year they have re-released those sets, plus there are four more that are currently out:

Sith Legacy: Darth Nihilus, Darth Bane, Darth Maul
    Fett Legacy: Mandalore, Jango Fett, Boba Fett
    Jedi Legacy: Qui-Gon Jinn, Bultar Swan, Luke Skywalker (New Jedi Order)
    Force Unleashed: Three variations on the Vader's secret apprentice from the upcoming video game

The 2005 ones are listed at: http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTSevolutions.asp

This years are listed at: http://www.rebelscum.com/TACevolutions.asp

Later this year, there is going to be a Padmé Evolution that has her Episode I pre-senate outfit, Episode II arena outfit, and Episode III nightgown outfit. There are also a couple Rebel Pilot sets and an Imperial Pilots set coming. There are some pictures of this years sets mixed in with some Battle Pack pictures here.

They seriously need to revisit this concept next year. A great wave would be

1. The Emperor
    2. Gamorrean Guard
    3. Admiral Ackbar
    4. Han Solo (Bespin)
    5. Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
    6. TIE Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post

1. The Emperor
    2. Gamorrean Guard
    3. Admiral Ackbar
    4. Han Solo (Bespin)
    5. Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
    6. TIE Fighter Pilot
    Agreed: change out Luke Hoth for Luke final throne room duel (black glove please!), and Han Bespin must include carbonite!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post

1. The Emperor
    2. Gamorrean Guard
    3. Admiral Ackbar
    4. Han Solo (Bespin)
    5. Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
    6. TIE Fighter Pilot
    Switch out the TIE Fighter Pilot for Wicket and Hoth Luke for Walrus Man/Ponda Baba and it would be a perfect wave.

Qui-Long, I don't think they could release Throne Room Luke under the "Vintage" banner, as they didn't make a Throne Room Luke in the Vintage line. The vintage ROTJ Luke was based on what he wore at Jabba's Palace.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Wicket would be a great choice, but I figured this imaginary wave is already ROTJ-heavy, and with no ANH figs representin'. I suppose Walrus Man could suffice, or possibly a Death Squad Commander. Actually I think I like the idea of the latter, instead of the TIE Pilot. That way there would be

2 main "hero" characters
    1 evil leader
    1 Imperial army-builder
    1 cool alien Rebel
    1 cool alien thug

They could also add a silver Death Star Droid to the mix! That was a very cool, almost iconic vintage cardback.