Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    I used to be a big fan of Lucky's, but they got bought by Albertsons who has slowly slid into mediocrity. My sister also believed them to be the cheapest, but when Ralphs Club is taken into account I showed her Albertsons is not quite as good in pricing (their club prices are weaaaak!).

I paid $4.43 today for gas at the new cheap station I found, it dropped 2 cents since last week. Wow, now I can afford that new gumball I've been lookin' at!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have noticed a few stations that have actually reduced their prices (right, not by much, but lower is better than higher). I squeezed in a few gallons at $4.39 the other day.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Which gumball do you want? I like that big blue one that's in the machine at Toys R Us. I've almost saved up $0.25 to get it, too. Maybe I'll wait to add it to my stash at Midnite Madness!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Saw gas for $4.19, hoping to push off filling up until I go on vacation Saturday.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Hopefully we will be getting some relief. Oil has droppped about $9 a barrel in the last two days. I just love how they give all these excuses on why it goes up but the only reason they can give for it going down is because they fear high prices is hurting the economy. If that is the case why didn't they go down sooner. Oh wait, 4th of July weekend, they have to make sure and get a killing off of that weekend before they can go down.

Gas prices are still around $3.99 a gallon here. Surprisingly, that is the same amount when I filled up a few weeks ago.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Since we seemed to switch topics, the only local supermarkets are a really carpy Albertsons (think half the selection of a normal one), two filthy Stater Bros (an Inland Empire chain, and not a good one), and a mediocre Food 4 Less. There's no Ralph's anywhere around, but we tend to save most grocery purchases for our trips into town, and go to Costco (for bulk items), Trader Joes (for most other stuff), and Vons (for stuff not at Trader Joes).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Which gumball do you want? I like that big blue one that's in the machine at Toys R Us. I've almost saved up $0.25 to get it, too. Maybe I'll wait to add it to my stash at Midnite Madness!
    You haven't been looking at those machines lately, have you? Those big gumballs are usually 50 cents or even a buck now. Totally outrageous IMO! And think about this, a "gas tax holiday" wouldn't even get you one of those gumballs on those savings.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Since we seemed to switch topics, the only local supermarkets are a really carpy Albertsons (think half the selection of a normal one), two filthy Stater Bros (an Inland Empire chain, and not a good one), and a mediocre Food 4 Less. There's no Ralph's anywhere around, but we tend to save most grocery purchases for our trips into town, and go to Costco (for bulk items), Trader Joes (for most other stuff), and Vons (for stuff not at Trader Joes).
    Stater Bros. used to be here, and they used to not suck (back when Alpha Beta was a big supermarket chain too), but then something happened, and now "in the heartlaaaand!" doesn't have the meaning it used to.

Food 4 Less is always mediocre. They're also owned by Kroeger, and they're run by pure evil, stole their business plan from Mega Foods (who then went out of business 6 years later). However, if it weren't for Food 4 Less, I wouldn't have gotten my Froot Loops box tops for my POTF2 Han Stormtrooper.

Trader Joes is more or less where I go for all non-frozen food these days.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ditto. I was floored when I actually compared prices and found that the supposed specialty store was about half the price on so many staple items. Juice especially, and it's much higher quality juice as opposed to the 10% juice, 90% corn syrup that costs twice as much everywhere else.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The price of gas started to go down about nine cents a few days ago, till someone called Moojahadeenajab or whatever the hell his name is, and said "you better fire off a couple of missles, the price of gas is dropping"
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"