Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Once more to Costco for their $2.79 gasoline. By far, lowest price around here (even at ARCO stations).
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Crude oil went to a little over $81 a barrel in trading today. Keep an eye on pump prices in the next day or so (as if you weren't already). Prices in my area have not yet increased from their usual $2.39-$2.49 of the past month.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    Prices in my area have not yet increased from their usual $2.39-$2.49 of the past month.
    Lucky. Prices jumped to $2.69 in my area last week and are slowly creeping down.

With anywhere from 2 - 5 inches of snow predicted for late this week, I'm topping my gas tank off tomorrow.

I still lucked out at Costco for $2.79. Don't know how much longer it'll be there (almost no stations elsewhere below $3 right now).

In the $2.91 range around here now. Really stupid how the greedy oil companies are willing to take down the entire nation's value to make an extra buck, despite their value declining with the dollar they are destroying.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"2?" ("Two?") - what is that a number a gas station around where you live understands?

There ain't no stinkin' "two's" in San Diego!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

JT, there are still homes being built around here, with all the empty and "for sale" ones already wasting away, $o $ome companie$ are ju$t narrow-minded and $tupid, I gue$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    "2?" ("Two?") - what is that a number a gas station around where you live understands?

There ain't no stinkin' "two's" in San Diego!
    Yes, there are. Just not for your gas-guzzling "premium" SUV, which is so stupid that Chrysler did that - all the other Chrysler brand vehicles using that same engine run on regular, but they "tuned" the one in your Cherokee to only run on premium so you'd have to drop an extra $5 on fillups.

And as for $2s at premium, there are none near you, the closest cheapest is $3.09 (unless you have a costco membership, theirs is $3.03), there are a few, the Ultramar on Adams is the only non-Arco station though. According to my GPS, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    JT, there are still homes being built around here, with all the empty and "for sale" ones already wasting away, $o $ome companie$ are ju$t narrow-minded and $tupid, I gue$$.
    I can understand if someone started the project a while back when it wasn't so stupid, but most had to have been started well within the "housing crisis" and are just brain-dead.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    In the $2.91 range around here now. Really stupid how the greedy oil companies are willing to take down the entire nation's value to make an extra buck, despite their value declining with the dollar they are destroying.
    And yet, we still pay less than any other country in the world. Gasoline is still a great value here in the U.S., really.

Crude oil went up again today, it's up around the $82/barrel range. Much of the increase has to do with seemingly erratic government reports on oil reserves, and I'm sure not a little of it is due to saber-rattling on the Arabian Peninsula.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    And yet, we still pay less than any other country in the world. Gasoline is still a great value here in the U.S., really.

Crude oil went up again today, it's up around the $82/barrel range. Much of the increase has to do with seemingly erratic government reports on oil reserves, and I'm sure not a little of it is due to saber-rattling on the Arabian Peninsula.
    We also use more than them. You don't ask why your local mom & pop store charges $8 for a 12-pack of TP while WM charges $2.50 for it, you know they buy in massive bulk and get a significantly lower unit cost for doing so. Of course, it helps too that a 3rd of it comes from our next door neighbors, and the US refines much of the fuel we're talking about, which further lowers the costs. So it's not all the same, it's majorly relative - we shouldn't just chalk it up to our lucky stars, there are economic reasons for why we pay what we pay and other countries pay what they pay. We are acclimated to where our levels are at, our economy flows on that and chokes when it goes up.

Anyway, gas went up around here to $2.95.