Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Our purchase of foreign oil is a military strategy actually.

Let's say that doing things like fueling our rockets and moving our aircraft carriers across the oceans takes oil.

Let's say that every landmass on earth has oil reserves. Wouldn't that be a surprise?

Then let's say we buy and use everyone else's first.

What's the end strategic military result?

Well, foreign oil reserves are totally depleted and they CANNOT fuel rockets or steam warships. However, we still have our oil reserves that we haven't tapped yet - maybe because we claimed we were saving the polar bear. Maybe because whatever we claimed, we would up secure knowing that we're the last nation on earth that can steam an aircraft carrier or fuel ICBMs, and thus we stay secure.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Our purchase of foreign oil is a military strategy actually.

Let's say that doing things like fueling our rockets and moving our aircraft carriers across the oceans takes oil.

Let's say that every landmass on earth has oil reserves. Wouldn't that be a surprise?

Then let's say we buy and use everyone else's first.

What's the end strategic military result?

Well, foreign oil reserves are totally depleted and they CANNOT fuel rockets or steam warships. However, we still have our oil reserves that we haven't tapped yet - maybe because we claimed we were saving the polar bear. Maybe because whatever we claimed, we would up secure knowing that we're the last nation on earth that can steam an aircraft carrier or fuel ICBMs, and thus we stay secure.
    Ah! you mean he who dies last with the most toys wins strategy! I know it well!

Anyways one of the reasons oil is so high is that the dollar won't buy as much as it used to. So in the international market, the dollar has to compete with other currencies for the commodity. There has been a lot of talk on what is causing about a third of the current price being caused by speculation on the commodities market.
    Bottom line is who made the dollar weak to begin with. Who has caused the U.S economy to take a sudden nose-dive by changing and deregulating the laws to over-extend credit to home owners, causing the credit crunch, thereby causing the weak dollar?
    The interest rate gets cut, the dollar gets weaker.
    Who owns the banks?
    Last edited by Blue2th; 06-24-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: more to say
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

The first post in this thread was made less than four months ago and the prices we were complaining about then were a dollar less than they are now. Amazing.

Yeah, I totally accept the argument that gas prices are simply a reflection of average inflation.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I stopped at the gas station earlier today, and the attendant wouldn't even take cash. He said he was only accepting souls.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

$4.59 is what I'm paying in Hollywood. I've seen as low as $4.53 in the past few days, but by then I had already paid $4.59. The Mazda is getting around 24-25mpg though, that's pretty decent - it went into the shop a few weeks ago and every time it does the mileage drops to around 21mpg for that period because they have to run the engine without the car moving to do tests and such, but thankfully it went back up in the next fillup. My dad's diesel would be paying $5.23 around here if it weren't using mostly biodiesel.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Rocketboy and I were trying to figure out a gas budget for our travel to mabu-con and best we could figure, gas is over $5 a gallon in Canuckistan (~$1.35/litre). Can someone confirm that?
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

yeah, it's around 1.30-40 per litre hereabouts- tho you'll be pleased to know that the border IS 10 minutes away, there's options
    Iso&Baws
    SO glad I don't drive
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I stopped at the gas station earlier today, and the attendant wouldn't even take cash. He said he was only accepting souls.
    Not surprising Chux. Most stopped taking Credit Cards. Pretty soon they're going to want your firstborn.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Twice in Albuquerque and I have heard that it is happening in other places the authorities have caught guys in trucks or vans with tanks in them driving right over the little caps where the tankers refuel the gas station, and they have been siphoning or pumping out diesel into their trucks and driving away.
    One guy had a hatch in the bottom of his van and a pump and storage tank inside.
    Who knows how many people just drive off in their cars after filling up. People are getting desperate.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Twice in Albuquerque and I have heard that it is happening in other places the authorities have caught guys in trucks or vans with tanks in them driving right over the little caps where the tankers refuel the gas station, and they have been siphoning or pumping out diesel into their trucks and driving away.
    One guy had a hatch in the bottom of his van and a pump and storage tank inside.
    Who knows how many people just drive off in their cars after filling up. People are getting desperate.
    They have said that gas drive offs and other crimes are inceasing these days. Funny thing about that is that they're saying they can't figure out why.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]