Target closing down all 133 stores in Canada

After less than 2 years, Target is pulling out of Canada and closing down all of their stores. They cite opening too many stores too quickly, an incomplete supply chain, and the inability to compete with other Canadian store chains and Canadian Walmarts, as the primary reasons for the shut down. All Targets across Canada should be closed down by May or June of this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...tion/21798843/

Hopefully, there aren't any Canadian members here who are going to lose their jobs because of this. I would be interested to hear any "shopping horror stories" from people who tried shopping at one of these Targets.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

My wife lost her job because of this. She worked as a copy editor/proof reader for the (American) company that did the weekly circulars.
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    My wife lost her job because of this. She worked as a copy editor/proof reader for the (American) company that did the weekly circulars.
    That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. I read somewhere that Target was planning to continue to pay all of their employees through June of this year; but I guess if your wife wasn't working directly for Target, then she wouldn't qualify for that. Either way, I hope she can find a new job soon.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Thanks, but this is actually a blessing for us. She was hired before the stores opened and she was working 50-60 hours a week for 2 years. And because the circulars are created so far in advance, the "Holiday/Christmas Season" started for her (us) in July. It was insane. The worst days was usually the WED before Thanksgiving when they were working on the Boxing Day circular. After that, things calmed down.

The thing that bummed her out was saying goodbye or see you later to so many people at her company that she came to love. This was the first job she ever had that she liked the people she worked with even if she hated the work.

She has a Masters and is very employable and we're also extremely trim financially speaking.

I appreciate the concern, thank you!
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]