Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Oh My Goodness!!

I know this will come as no big surprise to anyone, but I went out this morning and had had to put gas in my car. $3.28 a gallon. Never gone above $3.19 before today. We all knew it was coming anyway, and I know those of you in the west and some in the south have seen worse, but I just thought I'd ask everyone what a gallon is going for on average in your part of the country/world these days.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

$3.49 here, and I'm going to have to start siphoning at this point.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

We're at 1.05 per litre right now. Assuming the money's equal - and it's been pretty close lately - that's $3.99 per gallon. Not good.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I get gas at Costco, a warehouse store like Sam's Club, where it's often 10-20 cents less than regular stations. It's $3.45 around here (I got it for $3.27 a few days ago) at those stations.

One thing I have yet to do is put more than $30 in my tank at one time. Solution? Get gas more frequently (no less than half a tank used up). That will probably end soon.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

$3.19 for me. Though since I belong to a fuel rewards program through my local grocery store, I often pay much less than the going rate.

I get 10 cents of PER GALLON, for every $50 I spend there. Not just groceries either, but gift cards for MANY different retailors. TRU included. On average I save 40 cents per gallon due to food purchases and gift cards. On an 18 gallon tank, that's an average of $7.20. So 2 1/3 gallons free basically.

Last August in preperation for Halo 3 I bought the limited edition Halo XBox360. I got it from Best Buy, but first stopped at my grocery store to get $500 in gift cards. It just so happened the gift cards were DOUBLE fuel points to boot, so that saved me $2.00 per gallon right there. I already had 70 cents off per gallon. So, at $2.70 off per gallon and gas being $2.76 at the time, I ended up only paying $1.00 TOTAL for a full tank of gas! (I even took a picture for proof.)

It's an excellent fuel program for consumers and yet somehow the grocery store makes money from it.
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 03-08-2008 at 08:19 PM.
    Move along, move along

Gas is going for about $1.49 a liter over here in Japan which comes out to about $4.50 a gallon.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    $3.19 for me. Though since I belong to a fuel rewards program through my local grocery store, I often pay much less than the going rate.

I get 10 cents of PER GALLON, for every $50 I spend there. Not just groceries either, but gift cards for MANY different retailors. TRU included. On average I save 40 cents per gallon due to food purchases and gift cards. On an 18 gallon tank, that's an average of $7.20. So 2 1/3 gallons free basically.

Last August in preperation for Halo 3 I bought the limited edition Halo XBox360. I got it from Best Buy, but first stopped at my grocery store to get $500 in gift cards. It just so happened the gift cards were DOUBLE fuel points to boot, so that saved me $2.00 per gallon right there. I already had 70 cents off per gallon. So, at $2.70 off per gallon and gas being $2.76 at the time, I ended up only paying $1.00 TOTAL for a full tank of gas! (I even took a picture for proof.)

It's an excellent fuel program for consumers and yet somehow the grocery store makes money from it.
    Giant Eagle? I did the same thing when I needed to buy a tool from Home Depot. When to Giant Eagle, bought $100 gift card for the fuel points, then went next door and bought the tool from Home Depot. I had an employee at Home Depot tell me that a gentleman bought his whole kitchen setup with gift cards ($10,000+) so he could cash in on the fuel points at Giant Eagle. The best is when they offer double points (20 cents per $50 spent).
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That's called an "Oklahoma credit card" in some them there parts.

It's stayed between $3.35 and $3.39 for the past month around here. There's an old abandoned gas station around here (I think it used to be a Sunoco) that closed down about seven years ago. It still has prices up that read $1.19 or so per gallon. I think they left it up as a sad reminder.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Same price for us 100 miles north of JT. I think my employer would frown if I followed his plan of action...............
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!