Page 1 of 111 123451151101 ... LastLast

Oh My Goodness!!

I know this will come as no big surprise to anyone, but I went out this morning and had had to put gas in my car. $3.28 a gallon. Never gone above $3.19 before today. We all knew it was coming anyway, and I know those of you in the west and some in the south have seen worse, but I just thought I'd ask everyone what a gallon is going for on average in your part of the country/world these days.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

$3.49 here, and I'm going to have to start siphoning at this point.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

We're at 1.05 per litre right now. Assuming the money's equal - and it's been pretty close lately - that's $3.99 per gallon. Not good.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I get gas at Costco, a warehouse store like Sam's Club, where it's often 10-20 cents less than regular stations. It's $3.45 around here (I got it for $3.27 a few days ago) at those stations.

One thing I have yet to do is put more than $30 in my tank at one time. Solution? Get gas more frequently (no less than half a tank used up). That will probably end soon.
    "That's what Sheev said."

$3.19 for me. Though since I belong to a fuel rewards program through my local grocery store, I often pay much less than the going rate.

I get 10 cents of PER GALLON, for every $50 I spend there. Not just groceries either, but gift cards for MANY different retailors. TRU included. On average I save 40 cents per gallon due to food purchases and gift cards. On an 18 gallon tank, that's an average of $7.20. So 2 1/3 gallons free basically.

Last August in preperation for Halo 3 I bought the limited edition Halo XBox360. I got it from Best Buy, but first stopped at my grocery store to get $500 in gift cards. It just so happened the gift cards were DOUBLE fuel points to boot, so that saved me $2.00 per gallon right there. I already had 70 cents off per gallon. So, at $2.70 off per gallon and gas being $2.76 at the time, I ended up only paying $1.00 TOTAL for a full tank of gas! (I even took a picture for proof.)

It's an excellent fuel program for consumers and yet somehow the grocery store makes money from it.
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 03-08-2008 at 09:19 PM.
    Move along, move along

Gas is going for about $1.49 a liter over here in Japan which comes out to about $4.50 a gallon.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I have been paying 3.19 for gas the last week or so.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

A little over $3.35 per gallon for regular, but I've seen it at nearly $4 for premium.

Even better, I have an oil burning furnace in my house, so I pay pretty much the same as the going rate for deisel... around $3.70 per gallon. (I'm really looking forward to summer at this point.)

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    (I'm really looking forward to summer at this point.)
    I think we all are. Though by then gas is suppose to be over $4.00 for just the regular.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I don't use gas; Al Gore farts directly into my tank and my car runs like a dream.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram