Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    The automobile is far more efficient than a horse. You gotta feed a horse, their feed isn't cheap and it's nowhere near as energy-rich as gasoline. And you have to put in a lot of care and maintenance with a horse that you don't a car. And you have to let the danged beastie sleep and stuff. And then you get what, 20 bumpy mph out of it? And it doesn't even have a trunk!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The automobile is far more efficient than a horse. You gotta feed a horse, their feed isn't cheap and it's nowhere near as energy-rich as gasoline. And you have to put in a lot of care and maintenance with a horse that you don't a car. And you have to let the danged beastie sleep and stuff. And then you get what, 20 bumpy mph out of it? And it doesn't even have a trunk!

No kidding. That's why most of the Amish here ride bikes as well. As for the horse, I'll keep it as a backdoor option. A 24 mile bike ride just doesn't appeal to me at this point in the year. No, screw it, I'll just take the car.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Too bad there isnt any snow here or I would skitch to work.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post
    No kidding. That's why most of the Amish here ride bikes as well. As for the horse, I'll keep it as a backdoor option. A 24 mile bike ride just doesn't appeal to me at this point in the year. No, screw it, I'll just take the car.
    Bikes?!? What the heck is that? That's cheating!

24 miles ain't that bad on bike if you have 3 or 4 hours to spare, but for the rest of us, the automobile is a far more efficient use of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Too bad there isnt any snow here or I would skitch to work.
    How do you skitch in the snow? Here we just grab onto bumpers while skateboarding, a la Back to the Future. I miss my skateboard, now there was a mode of transportation that was truly inefficient. I don't actually MISS my skateboard, I know where it is, I just am too fat and old to ride it anymore.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ran by Shell today, $3.14 a gallon; not too bad considering some of the other prices you all are posting.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I saw $3.45 today.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

How do you skitch in the snow? Here we just grab onto bumpers while skateboarding, a la Back to the Future. I miss my skateboard, now there was a mode of transportation that was truly inefficient. I don't actually MISS my skateboard, I know where it is, I just am too fat and old to ride it anymore.
    Its kind of like ice skating with your boots on, grab the bumper and go with it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Bikes?!? What the heck is that? That's cheating!

24 miles ain't that bad on bike if you have 3 or 4 hours to spare, but for the rest of us, the automobile is a far more efficient use of time.

Apparently it's not cheating because it's not motorized. According to all the Amish ppl that I work with anyway.

No, 24 miles wouldn't be bad. From May to Oct. anyway. I'm not riding a bike in 20 below weather with snowy conditions and icy roads, no sir. Remeber JT, some of us actually have to go though winter where we live.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Ran by Shell today, $3.14 a gallon; not too bad considering some of the other prices you all are posting.
    $3.19 at the same Shell today.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Its kind of like ice skating with your boots on, grab the bumper and go with it.
    Sounds like a great way to blow out a knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post
    Apparently it's not cheating because it's not motorized. According to all the Amish ppl that I work with anyway.
    Too weird. Maybe they're progressive Amish.

No, 24 miles wouldn't be bad. From May to Oct. anyway. I'm not riding a bike in 20 below weather with snowy conditions and icy roads, no sir. Remeber JT, some of us actually have to go though winter where we live.
    Oh, what a baby you are, "wah wah wah, I can't peddle my 10-speed through icy snow because I'll break my neck and my legs will freeze off".