Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Sounds like a great way to blow out a knee.
    I wouldn't want to try it.

Too weird. Maybe they're progressive Amish.
    Possibly. I have noticed they are a few out here that sometimes break the rules a bit.

Oh, what a baby you are, "wah wah wah, I can't peddle my 10-speed through icy snow because I'll break my neck and my legs will freeze off".
    You're damn right!
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Paid $3.57 per gallon today. I would have paid $3.51 but the 2 stations I saw with that had no windshield squeegee and I wanted to get the fuzz from the rags off my freshly-washed windshield (it was catching all the sunlight). 77 cents extra for a squeegee, it was worth it just for the peace of mind. Plus, it was a Shell station, I like using them over Arco.

Besides the 3 prices listed above, I also saw $3.59 and $3.67, which is disturbing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I filled up two vehicles in the last week at 3.15 a gallon because I thought it was going to go up. Gas in Albuquerque is holding at 3.13 to 3.15 for regular. I keep expecting it to jump though. Don't think it will be going down anytime soon, but hopefully I could be wrong.

77 cents extra for a squeegee, it was worth it just for the peace of mind.
    Now I know what to get you for your birthday. (Note to self: pick up a squeegee for JT at the store.)

Oh, but what about the water and the heavily-diluted detergent, eh?

BTW, the car is holding steady around 25mpg.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll be interested to see what it's going for here in about 6 or 7 hours. They usually up the price here on Friday afternoons right before rush hour. I'll have to report back on that later on.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Prices are high here. petrol/gas is about five pence cheaper than diesel locally. Luckily we have a car with a large tank and that's incredibly fuel efficient. it's slightly more confusing because fuel is sold by the litre here. but if I calculated correctly our prices are comparable with your upper price points.

In the governments recent budget announcements they brought in a tax on gaz guzzlers an extra £1000 in the first year of ownership on things like executive cars, people carriers and luxury vehicles like Hummers. though frankly, anyone who can afford to buy and run one of those vehicles isn't going to balk at that extra levy. Instead they should have announced spending on public transport infrastructures. reduce the need for people to make all those short journeys that snarl up traffic and use the most fuel. Plus create tons of jobs. Also they should have taxed people with more than one car more. families that all live in the same abode where every family member owns a vehicle. A levy on every car after the first with a sliding scale the more cars there are.
    I'll be honest and say that if my partner and i didn't have the health problems we do we'd be without a car. unfortunately the nature of the problems requires frequent visits to hospitals at times when public transport is ether unsafe or infrequent. it's also there for emergency use in dire circumstances. I'd love to walk everywhere like i used to. I'd think nothing of walking five miles to college. i just can't manage walking for any length of time these days. our car is a necessary evil. I choose to use it as little as possible though.

In San Diego:

$3.78 Reg
    $3.97 Premium

Being able to cuss my $#@#! off on the forums over this? Priceless.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    I'd love to walk everywhere like i used to. I'd think nothing of walking five miles to college.
    This is what I missed the most about the time I lived in Spain: the ease of getting around by foot.

No way are California cities geared for foot traffic. We're prisoners to the car because of our love of urban sprawl (due to the fact that gas was once inexpensive since we used to produce the majority of our own fuel).

Love to walk. Wish it could be so.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    No way are California cities geared for foot traffic.
    I wouldn't exactly say that. When I lived in San Francisco I walked everywhere... or took the bus, train and trolley. Maybe drove on the weekend if I wanted to head out of town, but that was it.

Now, if you're talkin' southern California, then that's another matter.