Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    It's the 'Automatic Teller Machine' Machine!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Damn' my feeble brain.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Ran by Shell today, $3.14 a gallon; not too bad considering some of the other prices you all are posting.
    $3.99 a gallon now, went up 85 cents over the past 3 months. Cost about $62 to fill up the ride today. And I know, it is only going to get worse.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

You're lucky. I have to buy premium (for a V-8) and I think I'm at $4.62 per gallon now.

That means, regular would be $4.42.

I doubt there's anywhere in San Diego County that's still under $4 gallon.

I watched a special on CNN which reports that 40% of Brazil's autos operate on sugar cane ethanol (our ethanol is perhaps misappropriately "corn focused.") Perhaps most of our mainland environment is not well-suited to growing sugar, and that crop does better in the Caribbean and the Southern Tropics?

But it was reported that sugar-based ethanol was a better product than corn-based fuel.

GM is also working out the bugs on a 40 mile battery that works in conjunction with an ethanol hybrid engine, which only switches over after the 40 miles. It's a really easy recharge (3 hour), too.

I think that in 5 years, almost none of us will be driving gasoline engine cars.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I think that in 5 years, almost none of us will be driving gasoline engine cars.
    In 5 years, gas may be way too high priced for anyone to buy anyway.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

gas just hit 4.00 a gal regular here in texas, yes it is getting crazy.
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

I know they grow a lot of sugar cane in Florida. The rest of the U.S. gets some sugar from there, though some of it is from sugar beets.

So isn't ethynol just fermented vegetables or fruits? and you can make it from just about anything?

Didn't Master-Blaster make methane from pig sh*t?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Gas here just dropped to $3.99 after hovering at $4.17 for a few weeks. I expect it to rise again in the next week.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Different kinds of veggies / plants make better ethanol than others. Sugar is supposedly the best.

40% of Brazil's cars use sugar ethanol. They drill for their own oil for regular gasoline. The country imports ZERO barrels of foreign oil! Gas prices are affordable across the board there, though ethanol costs less than regular, and is thus preferable to many Brazillians.

They have that bikini wax, and now THIS! A superior country!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Different kinds of veggies / plants make better ethanol than others. Sugar is supposedly the best.

40% of Brazil's cars use sugar ethanol. They drill for their own oil for regular gasoline. The country imports ZERO barrels of foreign oil! Gas prices are affordable across the board there, though ethanol costs less than regular, and is thus preferable to many Brazillians.

They have that bikini wax, and now THIS! A superior country!
    Se, and Carnival too.

Must be nice to be able to thumb their noses at the rest of the world, especially the Arabs.
    It would be nice to see the Arabs have to sell off their golden guilded palaces because nobody wants to buy what they have anymore. Then sell them food which they can't grow themselves at obscene prices, and get our money back. Though with their money they already own a lot of things including power and influence in the U.S.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"