Page 10 of 111 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Twice in Albuquerque and I have heard that it is happening in other places the authorities have caught guys in trucks or vans with tanks in them driving right over the little caps where the tankers refuel the gas station, and they have been siphoning or pumping out diesel into their trucks and driving away.
    One guy had a hatch in the bottom of his van and a pump and storage tank inside.
    Who knows how many people just drive off in their cars after filling up. People are getting desperate.
    I have been hearing about these incidents for a long time, now. I remember back in '01 when the gas prices plummeted and I was paying $0.89 per gallon in Bakersfield, CA (gas is always a little cheaper there because there are refineries right there and there is almost zero cost to get the product to the gas stations) and there were still stories like this going on.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel View Post
    ....(gas is always a little cheaper there because there are refineries right there and there is almost zero cost to get the product to the gas stations)....
    Not any more!

The local guys are bending us over just like the Saudis. It doesn't matter that we have local refineries and the fact that we're the third largest oil-producing area in the nation. We're paying through the nose, too.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Yesterday, in Baker, CA (midpoint between LA and Vegas), I saw $5 gas for the first time.

I considered $4.19 in Vegas a bargain.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

$4.99 per gallon for premium today.

$4.79 reg. in San Diego.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think the most my total has come to for filling my car is around $43.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    I think the most my total has come to for filling my car is around $43.
    So you have what a 9 gallon tank??? heh heh.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    $4.99 per gallon for premium today.

$4.79 reg. in San Diego.
    My goodness. I feel bad for you Tycho, yet at the same time I'm sure we'll be seeing those prices here in the near future.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    So you have what a 9 gallon tank??? heh heh.
    10 or 11 :P and I usually get 360 miles to a tank.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post
    My goodness. I feel bad for you Tycho, yet at the same time I'm sure we'll be seeing those prices here in the near future.
    At the Fortress of Solitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    At the Fortress of Solitude?
    Unfortunate isn't it.

The Jor-El Hologram runs on mid grade. Most people don't know that.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]