Page 14 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    I saved up $0.25 cents today and got a gumball from the machine at Toys R Us!

Actually I got 2! The machine must have jammed for the previous "player" and I got 2 gumballs for the price of one!

I picked the raspberry apple flavor. It comes out PURPLE. That's pretty. But it's a really big piece and I had to spit it out even before I could tell if it would lose its flavor because my jaw ached from chewing it.

I saved the other piece so I might have it later or roll it on my desk and knock over Star Wars figures.

In any event, yes indeed: saving $0.25 did indeed make a difference in my life today!

Roll them gas prices down! We'll all have gumballs again!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I filled up today. The Shells here (and perhaps nation wide?) have $.05 cents off per gallon on Thursdays. Well, yesterday the price was $3.99, like it has been for a while, and today it was $3.97. For those of you who are not good at math (), that is only 2 cents off. A little disappointing, sure, but still cheaper than the Exxon right across the street ($3.99, usually their prices are identical [w/ exception to Thursdays of course]).

So I saved about $.32 cents!!! Suck on that gumball Tycho!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Drove past an Albertson's (grocery store chain) gas station yesterday, saw high grade for $4.399, mid grade for $4.299, so I guessed the pattern would have 87 octane for $4.199 (a decent price around here), but it was... $3.999! Needless to say, I put some in my tank.

p.s. Speaking of weird things related to cars, the other day, parked in another grocery store lot was a car just like mine (same model, color, and even dealership license plate holder). No big whoop, except that the first 6 characters on the license plate were exactly the same and the last digit being off by 3. Thought someone was cruising around in my ride without my permission.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 08-01-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Remembering a recent Twilight Zone-type scenario
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    p.s. Speaking of weird things related to cars, the other day, parked in another grocery store lot was a car just like mine (same model, color, and even dealership license plate holder). No big whoop, except that the first 6 characters on the license plate were exactly the same and the last digit being off by 3. Thought someone was cruising around in my ride without my permission.
    Did you stick around to see the driver? Maybe they looked just like you, except were shorter. :that'ssome spookycoincidence:
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

It was one of those pod people from "Invaders of the Body Snatchers" learning, observing everything you do.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I could've made it sound like a joke if I said I had just rented Attack of the Clones, Duplicity, Back to the Future II, and Groundhog Day from the video store.

Tracked down $4.09 gas today. Still way too high, but better than what we were paying a month ago I guess.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

and that $3.999 station? Back up to $4.159 yesterday. Wonder why the drop/raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    and that $3.999 station? Back up to $4.159 yesterday. Wonder why the drop/raise.
    Your state didn't have one of those tax holidays did it?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbondo07 View Post
    Your state didn't have one of those tax holidays did it?
    Not likely. The Governator is too busy pitching our state employees out on the street and doing other cost-saving measures like cutting other's salaries to alleviate our state budget crisis..

Taxing us MORE will come next.

Conan's mighty tax-cutting sword has been retired for years.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!