Page 15 of 107 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Not likely. The Governator is too busy pitching our state employees out on the street and doing other cost-saving measures like cutting other's salaries to alleviate our state budget crisis..

Taxing us MORE will come next.

Conan's mighty tax-cutting sword has been retired for years.
    I have a buddy who's get mad at you for saying that TI. He worships Arnold and thinks he's doing a wonderful job out there. Funny part to this story is, he doesn't even live out there.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post
    I have a buddy who's get mad at you for saying that TI. He worships Arnold and thinks he's doing a wonderful job out there. Funny part to this story is, he doesn't even live out there.
    If he worked at the DMV here, he'd change his mind!

Can you say, "How the heck can I look for a new job with $4.00 gas I can no longer afford for my car?"
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I notice that people from other states and countries always "hear" that Arnold is doing a good job, but that's all media hype because he's a sideshow attraction. The truth is, he's an ineffective governor, and the 1 thing that got the last guy booted out of office - his desire to raise car registration fees to offset budgetary losses that would have hit everything from vital road services to education - has gotten steadily worse and worse until we're in the crisis we're in now thanks entirely to Schwarzenegger's inability to manage or get anything done, but hey, at least we've saved a hundred bucks on registration fees for a few years. It's not even a "Democrat or Republican" thing, Arnie's screwed over both parties - is there such thing as an equal-opportunity failure?

Anyway, gas prices seem to be rising again here in the Golden State.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Gas prices have stayed steady here at $3.78/Gal for the past 3 weeks.

As for my friend, he's a bit dissillusioned on things of that sort. He's an Arnold fan so he thinks that Arnolds the best thing for Cali. He thinks Bush has been great for the country as well, so that should tell you a bit about him.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Arnold is great for the state of Collyfornia, if you don't happen to be a state employee right now.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Arnold is great for the state of Collyfornia, if you don't happen to be a state employee right now.
    .....and, stand by for the proposed sales tax increase for all! He's becoming even more popular with us!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Cheapest gas I have seen around here within the past few days has been $3.59 a gallon.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Arnold is great for the state of Collyfornia
    I always thought it sounded like he was pronouncing it Kellyfornia.

My fear is we teachers (getting state paychecks, you know) will end up in the same minimum wage quagmire, too.

And, if you believe the history of the area being based on the Arabic word "caliph" (meaning king or ruler), then Ahnold's actually correct (about at least one thing).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

As I understand it, the way the teacher payroll is divied up by district, and the strength of the teachers' unions, that's not especially likely.

At least I hope it's not, or we're in some pretty deep poodoo. Think the bank will take IOU's on a mortgage?
    Tommy, close your eyes.