Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    As I understand it, the way the teacher payroll is divied up by district, and the strength of the teachers' unions, that's not especially likely.

At least I hope it's not, or we're in some pretty deep poodoo. Think the bank will take IOU's on a mortgage?
    Well, I think you're right about the divying up, but I still recall a past colleague who taught during the last big budget/recession time and she was given vouchers (promissary notes, I suppose) instead of checks for a couple months, which after a while, the banks wouldn't accept. That's my big fear. :nottryingtospreadanxiety:

I did hear that carded SW 12 backs are going for 1/2 month's mortgage, BTW.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I wonder if gas theives stole some out of my tank this evening?

I think my fuel level gauge is broken though. It read empty before and I'd just filled up. But thinking I'd been stolen from, I went to the gas station the next morning and I couldn't fill up any more - my 20 gallon tank was nearly full.

He says it "kully-fohwnya!" And he's just done great.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    He says it "kully-fohwnya!" And he's just done great.
    Did a great job of convincing me to leave the state.

It's been really nice not having to see his big fat square head on the news every night.

My answer is to not watch the news.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got gas today for $2.99/gal. First time I have seen gas that cheap (under $3) in what seems like forever, and this was at a BP/Amoco even.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I paid 3.09 the other day. Havent checked since.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Gas is dropping here as well, though it's still above $3.
    Wonder why?
    Maybe no one to speculate on oil and gas because they are all trying to get their money out of the stock market?
    Less demand because people don't have much money?

The 2 main reasons for lower gas prices is that the expect demand to reduce drastically because of all the stock market issues. The other reason is the dollar has been gaining against foreign currency.....mainly the euro. So since oil is priced in dollars that also has caused it to go down. It's down to $2.95 here