Page 18 of 111 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Saw $2.69 today.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Cheapest I've seen was $2.58 when I was in Indianapolis Wednesday.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Cheapest I have seen lately is $2.65 in Elizabeth City.
    I would like to thank these people - Jediguy, El Chuxter

I plan to get gas this week... probably at Costco, which hopefully will be less than what's around (because they don't display their prices on the street anymore, just at the pump or entrance to the store). I'm hoping for less than $3.20.
    "That's what Sheev said."

ARCO is usually about the cheapest around here. That is where I always go. It was $3.299 on 10/6. I haven't seen what it has been since then but it is probably getting close to $3. I probably won't have to fill up for another couple weeks or so.

The least I've paid this year was $2.859 back in January, and the most was $4.439 in July, though that was at Shell. The most I've paid at ARCO was $4.259 in June.

Looking back historically, the lowest I have in my records is $0.899 in February 1999. The last time it was under $1.00 was February 2002 when I paid $0.939. The last time it was under $2.00 was February 2005 when I paid $1.919. Seems like there is often a dip in February, but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    ARCO is usually about the cheapest around here. That is where I always go.

Looking back historically, the lowest I have in my records is $0.899 in February 1999. The last time it was under $1.00 was February 2002 when I paid $0.939. The last time it was under $2.00 was February 2005 when I paid $1.919. Seems like there is often a dip in February, but not always.
    ARCO has higher prices for credit cards, and I seldom have $30 or so on me in cash.

I don't know where I put my old registry, or I could also quote directly, so I'll rely on my memory instead.

Lowest, IIRC was maybe $.89 somewhere in Texas (San Antonio?) in Mar./Apr. 1994. Highest would've been in the low $4.20s some time this year here. There was an under-$1 time within the last 10 years, but I forget that, too.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    ARCO has higher prices for credit cards, and I seldom have $30 or so on me in cash.
    I used to be able to fill up my Honda with a $20 and get change back. Then it got to where I needed to put in $30 or two $20 bills. I refill only about once a month, so I can usually plan to have enough cash when I need to refill. I don't think the ARCO's I buy from even take credit cards. They do take ATM cards, but charge a fee for it. They have machines near the pumps where you can prepay without going inside, but sometimes they must be out of cash because it won't accept cash and I have to go to a different machine or go inside.

$3.25 is the lowest around here so far, and surprisingly consistent from area to area which is worrisome, like collusion or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    All the Arco stations here have the same price, but charge 45 cents to use cards regardless of how much you buy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I remember 89 cent per gallon gas, but the irony of it was I couldn't afford it then either. I'd get like two or three dollars worth, and try to get my friends to pitch in a buck or two.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    $3.25 is the lowest around here so far, and surprisingly consistent from area to area which is worrisome, like collusion or something.
    I paid a penny per gallon more than that today. It was nice "getting" over six gallons of fuel for my twenty bucks.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!