Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    This is all a conspiracy:

- maybe OPEC just wanted to f- us and prove how badly they could control our economy so they can make future demands

- maybe oil is not even that scarce, but the US wants to keep exploiting other countries' resources and saving our own - but when we're pushed - we'll open our reserves and collapse the ill-intended efforts of OPEC

- maybe a new world order is trying to reform our habits so that we drive less often and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The recent fuel price hikes were to teach us a lesson

So will gas prices keep going lower? If they do, will people drive MORE? I don't see myself doing that though. But very often I am too tired nowadays.

Will gas prices shoot back up for any of the conspiracy goals I typed out above?

Don't believe anything! Keep alert! Be mindful of the Living Force.

We're in the $1.45 - $1.50 range in Michigan.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Saw $1.49 here the other day.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Tycho is dead on. With everything in the stores being bought and sold while gas prices were still high, and the comodities for food soaring, deflation is creeping in. We all earn the same, everything we need and owe increases. OPEC has just dis-incentivized the non-oil economies banding together to make alternatives to the internal combustion engine.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

OPEC is eating it too, they're trying to slow down the slide too (for selfish reasons, of course). Speculators are doing this based on their belief (or lack thereof) in the market's strength based on the US economy being able to BUY more gas. If there was ever an argument for "the invisible hand of the market", this would seem to be it.

I saw $1.67 yesterday.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's $1.38 here, with $1.52 premium. Not that I drive, but just happened to notice it on the way home from dinner.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

A**holes raised prices locally to $1.79 Friday. Friggin' thirty cents higher than just the day before. Prices are already dropping, I saw $1.69 at some local stations and $1.59 in neighboring towns today.

They did it up north here too Ji'Dai. Jumped up 20+ cents overnight, and then dropped 10 cents the next day. Still I can't really complain about $1.77 gas. Would much rather pay that than $4.00. I'll take advantage of it until it slowly creeps back up.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Saw $1.59 at an ARCO (cash price), but since I have a Costco card prepaid, I took their $1.61 cost. Co.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega