Page 36 of 110 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    Heck, oil has fallen 75% since the summer peak so gas should be at $1/gallon by now. Just goes to show that we're still getting screwed.
    See post #346!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Heck, I'm not gonna complain about $1.73 a gal. Especially when it was over 4 bucks a few months ago.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

That's what the oil companies are counting on.

And that's why it's gone up about 30% in the past couple of months.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That's what the oil companies are counting on.

And that's why it's gone up about 30% in the past couple of months.
    It will also make it easier for politicians to put more tax on it, because we are already used to paying the higher amount.

Everything around town is over the two dollar mark now. $2.09 to $2.35 seems to be the price range.

Next time I fill up, I'll just use the Governator's IOU he's sending me to pay for it!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Next time I fill up, I'll just use the Governator's IOU he's sending me to pay for it!
    Maybe you guys can impeach this Governor now. Replace him with someone or something even less qualified... like a baset hound.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Replace him with someone or something even less qualified... like a baset hound.
    We can't afford such a salary increase right now.

Can't find any zeroes in the prices around here anymore: $2.11's the cheapest I've seen in a while.
    "That's what Sheev said."

$2.17 seems to be the lowest I can find these days.

I paid $2.19 to fill up for my trip to San Diego on Tuesday. The run down there, the driving around while I was there (which was considerable since Bobafrett's hotel was a 15-mile backtrack from Tycho's house, and Tycho's nurse got lost on the way so I had to follow), and the run back to LA all only used up 2/3rds of a tank. Even though my car is 16 years old and only specs at 28 mpg hwy, and I might have been speeding much of the way, that trip registered a sweet 29.1 mpg!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Twenty bucks today got me 8.5 gallons in the tank at $2.32/gal.

BTW: one of our local refineries bellied up this week (Big West/Flying J). Nice. That sound you heard was the next price increase.

I saw a drop today, actually from this morning, from $1.95 to $1.85. Still not even close to where we should be with oil prices so low.

This is an interesting chart app. Comparing Average US gas price vs. oil price and commonly oil price is a good clip ahead of gas price. In the last month or 2 oil price as actually dropped below the gas line while the average price of gas is increasing.

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

All the reasons that the big oil companies used to drive gas prices this summer seem to have fallen flat on their faces. Now with the prices in recession their same logic should continue driving the price of gas down.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.