Page 39 of 107 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    You think you guys have problems paying to fill your tanks? We just filled up with JP-5 (jet fuel) the other day and it took over 4 hours for them to deliver 1,800,000 gallons of it. Imagine having to put that on your bank card!
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I think technically we all just did. Well, the American forumites anyway.
    This is a funny exchange. Thanks for giving me a laugh guys.

Gas prices jumped 20 cents during the course of the day Tuesday to about $2.45. I found a station with the morning's price of $2.24 and filled up there. I'd forgotten all about the Memorial Day weekend and the Indy 500 giving stations cause to profiteer.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

It's been averaging an increase of about $0.07 per day all week here.

Don't see much below $2.59 anymore.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Filled up today, $2.67/gal/93 Octane.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

It's $2.99 here, but I have to use premium. Regular should be $2.79.

$2.74 because of the switchover to summer formula we're told. A thirty cent jump in a matter of days.

¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

We had one of those 30 cent jumps last week. The highest I saw was $2.78. I think it's dropped slightly since, somewhere in the $2.60's.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I went to the movies today (Terminator Salvation). When I passed the Kroger, gas was $2.50. Two hours later, when I was going home, it was $2.69. Luckily, I had some cash with me and stopped at the Thornton's, where it was still $2.49, and topped off the tank.

The switching over to the summer formula excuse is wearing thin.

Finally broke $3... for premium. You can maybe find a $2.73 here or there, but most regular goes for $2.81 or higher now. Plan to stop by Costco tomorrow.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega