Page 48 of 108 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    Now that George Carlin is dead, there will never be strange things afoot at the Circle K again.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There are still strange things afoot at the Circle K at least once every two or three months in my house. I watch that movie every chance I get.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

One of the few movies out there where the lousy sequel didn't tarnish the original too. I saw them both in theaters, boy was that sequel a downer in the theater.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My Darth Jax comment is in reference to his profile "location".
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I didn't think the second was lousy; it just suffered from someone thinking a much bigger budget could offset not having a funny script. But it did have some moments in spite of itself.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    My Darth Jax comment is in reference to his profile "location".
    Yes, I got that, but you know, can't go wrong with a B&TEA reference.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I didn't think the second was lousy; it just suffered from someone thinking a much bigger budget could offset not having a funny script. But it did have some moments in spite of itself.
    Then you think wrong, it's lousy. It's a lot of bad ideas, too much money, not enough vision or ideas, and it's got crappy music to boot.

Now, wait a second. You cannot disagree that any movie score by Steve Vai is, by default, awesome.

I will agree that, despite the first having unknowns (Extreme having not hit it big, and I think the still-haven't-really-made-it Zappa brothers are in one of the bands), the quality overall of the songs is much higher than on the second, which had heavy hitters like Megadeth, Faith No More, and Kiss. (In fact, I think those three had the only good songs on the soundtrack aside from Vai's score.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Steve Vai did 1 song, he didn't score the film. And it's not much of song, at that, just really a meandering riff with a bass line and drums attached:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMSRdhFomTk
    that got turned into the dopey Grim Reaper rap (the album version is a snore, I think it's in the credits):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sPJY...eature=related

The music in the film is largely weak and the better artists' music is used sparingly and generally worthlessly throughout the film.

Other tracks from the score have appeared on some of Vai's albums, even if they're not on the proper soundtrack. There's not a lot of score, about five or six tracks, IIRC.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Vai didn't perform the score, just a few other brief licks besides the Reaper track that I know of, most notably the intro to the unbelievably poor choice of "God Gave Rock & Roll To You" at the end.