Page 63 of 107 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    At the intersection near my work, a BP had gas for 3.55 and across the street, Speedway had it for 3.75.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Something awesome happened down the street from my office this past week. Two gas stations actually started competing with one another. Gas was 40 cents cheeper than anywhere else in the city if you were willing to wait 30+ minutes for a fillup.

I remember when gas stations used to compete before they realized that Americans were lazy.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I paid $3.75 last Saturday. It's the Labor Day fuel bump.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Gas is on the up-swing again. No station under $3.85 that I've seen around here, but oddly none above $3.99.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Did get some at Costco today for $3.82 (almost $.20 more than when I got gas about 1-2 weeks back). And I did see $4.05 some place out.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I'm a week behind in 'reporting' this but gas went up a nickel to $3.749 'round here.

It's over four bucks here again; in one of California's biggest oil producing areas.

Even though I have fifty bucks a month taken from my paycheck for the "privilege" of using the company's car, it's still cheaper than if I were to pay for gas and wear and tear on my personal vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Even though I have fifty bucks a month taken from my paycheck for the "privilege" of using the company's car, it's still cheaper than if I were to pay for gas and wear and tear on my personal vehicle.
    Whaaa???? So they charge you fifty clams to use their car but they pay for gas? Weird.

The fifty bucks pays for the gas we use going to and from home...it's to help defer that cost to the county. That's still cheaper than if I had to pay for gas and wear and tear on my own car. We're on call 24/7 and the company gets to pay for all the other consumption of hydrocarbons. Living in a county with 8100+ square miles it all adds up!