Page 70 of 106 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
    In the past two weeks, it's gone up about $0.60 here!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    In the past two weeks, it's gone up about $0.60 here!
    Let's hear it for OPEC!!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Yesterday's 6 cent raise wasn't enough, today it went up another 9, which puts it at $3.549

I've driven by stations, that when I pass it again a few hours later, are up 6 cents.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

6 cents up from Tuesday, to $4.07. Speculators should be shot for jacking up prices after that refinery fire in Washington state, I hadn't heard it was going to affect overall US production volume at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've seen several stations go up by as much as $0.20 in a few hours.

Sad thing is, you not only have supply and demand, but speculation and anticipated demand, plus the minor fact that all oil goes through one or more of the big corporations, and it would be impossible for someone to start a new oil company and compete with them to keep prices down. And they won't recover, even though the fire won't affect production too badly, and it'll turn out that Iran and Israel are both just posturing because that's what those two countries like to do. (Though Israel has proven they have the gumption to act on their posturing if they deem it necessary, so Iran's not being particularly smart here.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    6 cents up from Tuesday, to $4.07. Speculators should be shot for jacking up prices after that refinery fire in Washington state, I hadn't heard it was going to affect overall US production volume at all.
    Do not forget the increase of two trillion dollars in global liquidity over the past few months. The rising price of oil is not due so much to speculation, as it is to inflation.

Happy Motoring!

Driving about this morning, I noted prices for regular ranged from $4.29 to $4.35 depending on the type of establishment.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

(stupid can't-click-the-right-button-and-have-to-repost...)

Costco took $4.139 per gallon from me today; not too long a line wait as I only read 6 pages of my book. This week, I was there on Monday to get other stuff, and IIRC it was around $3.65.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(