Page 72 of 104 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
    "Here we go again." - C-3PO

I paid $4.27 a gallon to fill up this week, and was apparently lucky to get that price. Meanwhile, "record profits for oil companies" even as they complain that they're feeling the pinch too. You know what? Their chauffeurs aren't even feeling the pinch yet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Jeez.....that sucks fellas, sorry to hear. How much does it take to fill your tanks?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I ease some of the pain by not filling my tank. I get gas more often, but once it hits about half a tank. It costs no less in dollars, but a tad less in stress, I guess. Mine is about a 14-gallon tank, meaning if I got close to empty, it'd be around $60 to fill 'er up.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I ease some of the pain by not filling my tank. I get gas more often, but once it hits about half a tank. It costs no less in dollars, but a tad less in stress, I guess. Mine is about a 14-gallon tank, meaning if I got close to empty, it'd be around $60 to fill 'er up.
    But if the price is trending up, better to fill the tank at the cheaper price than to only get a half a tank at that price and pay more for another half later.

Today was the first day in LA where the prices didn't go up, according to the paper, so it's a gamble.

I always fill up so that I can track my MPG using the trip odometer, I reset it at every fillup, then when I fillup again I note the mileage on it against the amount of gas that went into the tank, divide and get my MPG. It's highlighted a trend of my in-town mileage dropping from 21 to around 17, yet my freeway mileage stays around 28-30, my shop doesn't know why yet, but it's at least good to know that something is going on and I need to address something.

Plus, I just don't like worrying about the tank as often, I've seen how much stress there can be nickel-and-diming the gas tank and if I can afford to avoid that, I will.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey hey the price of gas went DOWN!!!....by a penny. None of that $3.759 garbage, now its a sweet sweet $3.749!!!

My buddy in Vegas says $3.88.

After the price went down by a penny a few days ago I noticed on my run this morning that the price went up a nickel, its now $3.799

I went back and looked at the prices that I posted and between 4/7/2010 and today (3/10/2012) the average price has been $3.45, the high point was $4.099 on 5/4/2011 and the low was $2.819 on 5/3/2010.

In looking at my posts there are times where there are rather large gaps between my posts, it seems I didn't become a 'regular' in this thread until last fall.....

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    In looking at my posts there are times where there are rather large gaps between my posts, it seems I didn't become a 'regular' in this thread until last fall.....
    So, just started using fossil fuels in the 21st century? You are VERY much in front of the green movement.

Jumped about $.04 more here in the last 2 days.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."