Page 75 of 107 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
    I went and filled up again and it was still free today. I don't know why you guys are complaining when they just give gas away!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

As I said before: you have the 5.56/gal. advantage!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I went and filled up again and it was still free today. I don't know why you guys are complaining when they just give gas away!
    I tried that once. And got my "one phone call" for it.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    What's up with "brand name" gas stations here? Up about $.20 over this week at Mobil, Shell, or Chevron (it's over $4.40 at all of those), despite news reports saying gas prices are dropping and per-barrel value of $12 or so less, lately. But I got it at a local station for $4.19, less than a mile away from some of those places, within the same city borders. Hmm.
    Out here, I've noticed the Arco's going up and the others staying the same or coming down.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Today I drove down to Burlington and saw that ARCO was $3.999, while back up here in Bellingham it was $4.159 at one of the ARCO's here, It had just been $3.939 there on Tuesday when I filled up a gas can for my mower. I didn't see what the price was at Fred Meyer today, but I was there Monday and paid $3.769 with my 15 cent discount.

Tried a new station, which had it for $4.25, but since each pump has just one nozzle (which leads to long lines behind) and it seemed every driver had to pay at the central window, so I drove away. Settled for $4.29 at the one I often visit. So much for oil down to almost $90 a barrel and "prices dropping across the country"... except on the west coast.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

$4.23 is the lowest around here. I drove into the 'hood last night and they had a station that was $4.19 cash, but I chose not to get shot to death instead, so the car is on fumes until I gas up for probably $4.27 in a few minutes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just make sure to pour out a little of the gas first for the homes in memorium, JT.
    Yeah, a tombstone epitath of "He Saved $.08 Per Gallon" isn't worth, well, dying for.

Heh heh.

So I hit up Shell down the street yesterday, they had gone up to $4.31 a gal overnight, but since I was so empty it was time to whip out the Ralphs Club card and maximize my per-gallon discount. I didn't realize that once Ralphs had discontinued actual Ralphs Club rewards, they doubled the discount at Shell, so it's now 20 cents off per gallon, which was a LOT better for my wallet and I will be partaking next time I have dropped $100 at Ralphs in a month. That said, I still put the most into my tank I've ever paid, $49.43, exactly 12 gallons.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.