Page 81 of 108 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

What the [bleep]?!? I drive past a station this morning: $4.19, up $.10 from yesterday. I drive past it again this afternoon: up to $4.33.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I saw gas had skyrocketed from $3.99 to $4.13 overnight at Arco. I had to get gas, and figured I would get it when I passed the station about an hour later (when it would be slightly more convenient). At that point, it was $4.24.

News is reporting it's only in CA, and prices are down elsewhere. Depending on what part of the broadcast you tune into, it's expected to either drop or go higher.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Okay, here's my horror story: Yesterday, prices were around the $4.19 level. Today, I passed stations that were up around $.13 from then. But today, I passed ones that went up AS MUCH AS THIRTY CENTS A GALLON AFTER I PASSED BY THEM LESS THAN THREE HOURS EARLIER. I went to Costco, because I was near it, and saw that is was $4.17, with lines blocking the entire lot and going out onto the street. Because I had to leave soon, I left, and came back about three hours later: only about 7-10 less cars per pump line and up to $4.30. Sad? No, mad. Highest I passed was $4.69.
    "That's what Sheev said."

There's apparently a shortage that affects only CA. Just the "summer gas," too. They have plenty of the winter blend. Why someone can't declare a state of emergency and put that out early, or just bring gas from another state, is beyond me. Seriously, a fifty-cent increase in three days (what I'm looking at at most gas stations here) is ridiculous.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm thinking we need to go to Sacramento and build some book cases....or not.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Careful....

Thirty cent spike across the board at all local gas stations within thirty minutes this morning. This is ridiculous. That's about a 7% increase in half an hour.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I heard it had to do with a refinery that went offline, I don't remember why though.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I heard it had to do with a refinery that went offline, I don't remember why though.
    That's part of it. A refinery in NoCal blew up and we only have a finite number of them in the state allowed by our Fearless Leaders. It cuts into the production of our mandated winter blend gas. I think Starbucks is in cahoots with the oil companies and their formulas and concoctions.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!