Page 83 of 111 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
    I spent $25 on 4.65/gal. gas. Down a mere 4 cents from last week. Still hoping for a more significant drop since Gov. Moonbeam woke up.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I waited in lines at Costco today, not knowing how much it cost. Was quite pleasantly surprised to find it at $4.19, so worth the wait. That's far cheaper than the lowest station elsewhere at $4.35.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I spent $25 on 4.65/gal. gas. Down a mere 4 cents from last week. Still hoping for a more significant drop since Gov. Moonbeam woke up.
    Hey! Got more for my $25 this weekend! Down a whopping 30 cents to 4.35/gal.!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Finally saw a station below $4 (guess just how "below" it was ), just down the street from the school. Most places are under $4.10 here.
    "That's what Sheev said."

$3.72 at Costco yesterday. There was a huge honking line for it, too.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    $3.72 at Costco yesterday. There was a huge honking line for it, too.
    Honestly, that makes no sense to me when folks do that. If the proverbial "you" gets 10 gallons, it's a piddly savings over a $4 per gallon gas, it's $2.80 in your pocket, and how much gas and time did you burn to get it? Did you spend more than $2.80 on gas starting your car over and over, or sitting idling in the line? If you get paid $10 an hour, that $2.80 is roughly 20 minutes of your time that you could be using to work or enjoy with your kids or anything else than the aggravation of waiting in a long line you could have gotten closer to your house for only a little more. That's basically why I stopped hunting cheapest possible gas, I'll make an effort to find the cheapest convenient gasoline but I certainly won't go out of my way or be inconvenienced by the process any more than I absolutely have to - life is too short to save a couple bucks on a $50 tank.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That is why I usually go at a time when it is not so busy. When the Fred Meyer near me started selling gas, I didn't go to it for a long time because it was always pretty busy when I went by there. Plus, I wasn't sure how my rewards points would work, and didn't want to be holding up the line trying to figure it out. ARCO is usually one of the cheapest, and there is one on the way to where I usually go for a run on Tuesday's and Sundays.

Okay, by "huge honking line," I meant I waited about five minutes, which is pretty abnormal for this Costco. It was $0.20 cheaper than any other station in the area, and a full $0.35 cheaper than the ones closer to me. (I was already in the neighborhood--not like I drove twenty miles to go there for gas and nothing else.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.