Page 84 of 104 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
    I've done the math on waiting versus settling versus distance travelled versus the derivitive of slope under numerator squared, so if the line seems too long, I often try another place. But if I have a Costco card burning a hole in my pocket, that's a variable that changes my equation. :backtothechalkboard: And our Costco yesterday was $3.79, but I was full. Then.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

$3.91 on Saturday for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Honestly, that makes no sense to me when folks do that. If the proverbial "you" gets 10 gallons, it's a piddly savings over a $4 per gallon gas, it's $2.80 in your pocket, and how much gas and time did you burn to get it? Did you spend more than $2.80 on gas starting your car over and over, or sitting idling in the line? If you get paid $10 an hour, that $2.80 is roughly 20 minutes of your time that you could be using to work or enjoy with your kids or anything else than the aggravation of waiting in a long line you could have gotten closer to your house for only a little more. That's basically why I stopped hunting cheapest possible gas, I'll make an effort to find the cheapest convenient gasoline but I certainly won't go out of my way or be inconvenienced by the process any more than I absolutely have to - life is too short to save a couple bucks on a $50 tank.
    I agree with JediTricks.

Unfortunately, I have an $80-85 tank and get about 20 mpg. So I have adapted by curtailing my travel.

I notalgically remember the days when I could drive all over town to go toy hunting just to procrastinate. Am so busy now it might be fun - like a 4 hour mini-vacation.

But useless - for $10 Star Wars figures and $15 deluxe Transformers - and nothing I really want shipping anyway?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It was $3.83 for me today. There are some stations here where PREMIUM is close to under four bucks.

I just spent my twenty bucks gas allowance on $3.99/gal at Shell. First sub-four dollar per gallon sale for me in I don't know how many months!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I'm due for a fill-up (probably tomorrow), but I saw one of the oddest gas price signs: $3.89 for regular grade, $3.91 for mid-grade, and $4.03 for premium. Hmm. I can likely find $3.69, or lower? , here.

[edit] Got Costco's for $3.63 today; and of course, I chose the line that moved the slowest...
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 11-21-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Local $pending

$3.75 is what I saw last night.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Fairly short lines at Costco, to get $3.339 per gallon.