Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
    Left on Thursday to see my parents, and filled up for $3.93, which we considered a good price. (Costco would've been cheaper, but it's a bit out of the way, and not quick.) Filled up in Henderson for $3.44 at that Costco yesterday morning (and added a bit more this afternoon before heading back).

Quite a difference, huh?

On a slightly related note, the Del Taco by the outlet malls in Barstow has no value menu. They had the basic taco, soft taco, and bean-and-cheese burritos for $1.39 and up, calling them stupid stuff like "Barstow soft taco." If I were the parent company, I'd drop the franchisee like a turd, prime location or not. Went across the street to McDonald's, and they were actually cheaper than most Inland Empire locations.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

While on my trip, there was a Subway inside the visitors' center/gift shop at Meteor Crater in Arizona, and there was a sign saying "This store does not participate in the $5 Footlong campaign." There is your lack of "value menu" too, as their most famous jingle advertisement is moot.

Got a "free" full tank of gas... with 60 months of payments on a different car. But I helped my mom fill up hers at $3.95, up 4 cents from 2 days ago. Passing a different station yesterday, it was $4.15 in the morning and dropped to $4.09 by the early afternoon.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I know places like that do it because of prime locations and heavy traffic, but, still, it gives a bad vibe to the company name. In this case, it was almost a bigger insult that they were not only charging almost 3X for their cheap stuff, but having the nerve to add "Barstow" to the name, as if that made it more special instead of less.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hey, Chuck Berry, Depeche Mode, the 'Stones, and John Mayer all sang the city name in a song. So, you jus' gots to pay for royalties, I guess.
    "That's what Sheev said."

$4.39 / gallon
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    On a slightly related note, the Del Taco by the outlet malls in Barstow has no value menu. They had the basic taco, soft taco, and bean-and-cheese burritos for $1.39 and up, calling them stupid stuff like "Barstow soft taco." If I were the parent company, I'd drop the franchisee like a turd, prime location or not. Went across the street to McDonald's, and they were actually cheaper than most Inland Empire locations.
    I've seen this at other mall fast food places, until they become popular they cannot afford to offer deal menu stuff, mall rent is very expensive.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I've seen this at other mall fast food places, until they become popular they cannot afford to offer deal menu stuff, mall rent is very expensive.
    Seems like it is that way for airports as well. Seems like they don't have the full menu, and the price seems higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Seems like it is that way for airports as well. Seems like they don't have the full menu, and the price seems higher.
    Airport rent is insane, they know they have those retailers any way they want them because 100% of the market traffic is captive.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    $3.499, it was $3.549 a few days ago. I like this downward movement.
    Analysts were correct, I guess. I feel like they're just jerking us around though. Either that or the economy is getting better.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I feel like they're just jerking us around though.
    I'd go with this one.