Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

View out your window

As you sit here what do you see out your window? If you don't have a window nearby show us your closest one.

We a little rural in this part of town so I look out across the street towards an old farm. Actually the border with the town to the north is the street so we look into the fancy, expensive town. I don't live in a fancy town but I look at one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	window.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	16910  
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I can't see anything out the window right now because the blinds are always closed. if they were open, I'd see my old neighbor's house. And I don't want to see their house because they suck.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I work on the bottom floor and their are gentle hills sloping upwards to the sidewalk outside, making it look (from the outside) that this is the "basement", even though we have floor-to-ceiling windows. So I see the snowy slope upward with a tree and a lamp post at the top.

At home, the computer room is in the corner of the house, so out one window I see the neighbor's house and out the other I see my backyard and garage.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I'm on the 5th floor of a building and can see much of the rest of the military base I work on (not exactly cutting edge architecture but not too bad either) as well as a great view of some mountains in the distance. We have a lot of green space around us and I can see deer fairly often running around the grounds. It's a nice view when I have a minute to look up from the lab bench and appreciate it.

Depending on which direction I look, I see a foreclosed house, another foreclosed house, a third foreclosed house just beyond my neighbor's house, or a house that's being rented out so as not to become the fourth foreclosed house so close to me.

The housing crisis sucks monkey nads. My home is still worth what I paid for it, but I know that's only because nothing's sold in forever, and when these foreclosed houses sell for 1/2 of their value, that's going to make what little equity I have so far drop straight into the toilet.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Here is my view. A very nice spring day today. Supposed to get up to 75 degrees today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My View.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	16912  
    Last edited by TeeEye7; 03-11-2008 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Actually, it hit 81 today!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I'm jealous. I just finished digging out of our weekend snow storm which dumped 19"+ in about 24 hours.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    I'm jealous. I just finished digging out of our weekend snow storm which dumped 19"+ in about 24 hours.
    I spoke with Mabs yesterday and he was saying how bad it was. I couldn't handle it. Anything under 70 degrees and I'm a wimp about it. Anything falling out of our usually cloudless skies tends to cause panic! (My little area of California touts 300 days of sunshine a year). I much prefer the heat. Even when it cranks up here, the humidity is so low that it's tolerable.

BTW: This is a cool thread, EP! I hope more folks post photos!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

My apartment faces the courtyard, so all my current window sees is another apartment across the courtyard and a tiny patch of sky. If I were standing out on my balcony (it's beyond the living room window) I would see the top of Griffith Park and I think the Hollywood sign, but that may only be from the roof, I haven't been on my balcony in quite a while.

TeeEye's right, it's a gorgeous day here in Cali, I'm about to go burn some dinosaurs right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The only veiw from my closest window is the house next door and the big tree that's in it's yard. I do have a great view of the train tracks from the opposite window though.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]