Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

View out your window

As you sit here what do you see out your window? If you don't have a window nearby show us your closest one.

We a little rural in this part of town so I look out across the street towards an old farm. Actually the border with the town to the north is the street so we look into the fancy, expensive town. I don't live in a fancy town but I look at one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	window.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	16910  
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I can't see anything out the window right now because the blinds are always closed. if they were open, I'd see my old neighbor's house. And I don't want to see their house because they suck.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I work on the bottom floor and their are gentle hills sloping upwards to the sidewalk outside, making it look (from the outside) that this is the "basement", even though we have floor-to-ceiling windows. So I see the snowy slope upward with a tree and a lamp post at the top.

At home, the computer room is in the corner of the house, so out one window I see the neighbor's house and out the other I see my backyard and garage.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I'm on the 5th floor of a building and can see much of the rest of the military base I work on (not exactly cutting edge architecture but not too bad either) as well as a great view of some mountains in the distance. We have a lot of green space around us and I can see deer fairly often running around the grounds. It's a nice view when I have a minute to look up from the lab bench and appreciate it.

Depending on which direction I look, I see a foreclosed house, another foreclosed house, a third foreclosed house just beyond my neighbor's house, or a house that's being rented out so as not to become the fourth foreclosed house so close to me.

The housing crisis sucks monkey nads. My home is still worth what I paid for it, but I know that's only because nothing's sold in forever, and when these foreclosed houses sell for 1/2 of their value, that's going to make what little equity I have so far drop straight into the toilet.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Here is my view. A very nice spring day today. Supposed to get up to 75 degrees today.

Name:	My View.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	16912  
    Last edited by TeeEye7; 03-11-2008 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Actually, it hit 81 today!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

View from my Star Wars/computer room out the sliding glass door into my backyard. Mmmmmm, a sunny high 70's today Cool idea for a thread

Name:	Backdoor view.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	16913  
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Very nice, D!

Man, that sago palm is a hot commodity in my area. Mature plants sell for a premium. These things get dug up from homes, businesses, and ripped off from nurseries all of the time. There's so much new building (cooling down, tho, obviously) that around here they disappear if they're in plain sight (and then sold to unscrupulous landscapers).

Very nice patio! You make all of us SoCal-ers proud!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Very nice, D!

Man, that sago palm is a hot commodity in my area. Mature plants sell for a premium. These things get dug up from homes, businesses, and ripped off from nurseries all of the time. There's so much new building (cooling down, tho, obviously) that around here they disappear if they're in plain sight (and then sold to unscrupulous landscapers).

Very nice patio! You make all of us SoCal-ers proud!
    Thanks! Kudos to my Mom for all of the design and my uncles, one who is a Tile guy, turned LAPD and the other a Contractor for over 25 years!! I love my family!! The sago in the background has been there for about 5 years and the one in the pot in the foreground about 3 years. It was at a friend's house, she was going to throw it away and I said, gimme it, my Mom has the bestest green thumb around, she'll bring it back, and sure enough Luckily, I got my Mom's green thumb. Now when my friend comes over, she always teases that she's going to steal it And we keep our sagos in the back precisely for the reasons you stated above. There's a neighbor up the street who has planted one in the front (which I hear in some cultures is actually bad luck) and I'm waiting for the day it gets stolen.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Wow DNA, that's a great patio. I would love to have a fire pit like that. Is it wood or gas?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.