Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    View from my Star Wars/computer room out the sliding glass door into my backyard. Mmmmmm, a sunny high 70's today Cool idea for a thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backdoor view.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	16913  
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Very nice, D!

Man, that sago palm is a hot commodity in my area. Mature plants sell for a premium. These things get dug up from homes, businesses, and ripped off from nurseries all of the time. There's so much new building (cooling down, tho, obviously) that around here they disappear if they're in plain sight (and then sold to unscrupulous landscapers).

Very nice patio! You make all of us SoCal-ers proud!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Very nice, D!

Man, that sago palm is a hot commodity in my area. Mature plants sell for a premium. These things get dug up from homes, businesses, and ripped off from nurseries all of the time. There's so much new building (cooling down, tho, obviously) that around here they disappear if they're in plain sight (and then sold to unscrupulous landscapers).

Very nice patio! You make all of us SoCal-ers proud!
    Thanks! Kudos to my Mom for all of the design and my uncles, one who is a Tile guy, turned LAPD and the other a Contractor for over 25 years!! I love my family!! The sago in the background has been there for about 5 years and the one in the pot in the foreground about 3 years. It was at a friend's house, she was going to throw it away and I said, gimme it, my Mom has the bestest green thumb around, she'll bring it back, and sure enough Luckily, I got my Mom's green thumb. Now when my friend comes over, she always teases that she's going to steal it And we keep our sagos in the back precisely for the reasons you stated above. There's a neighbor up the street who has planted one in the front (which I hear in some cultures is actually bad luck) and I'm waiting for the day it gets stolen.

Wow DNA, that's a great patio. I would love to have a fire pit like that. Is it wood or gas?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Here's mine. If it was a clearer day you would probably be able to see Yokohama between the Hawk and the crane on the right of the picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA390113.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	16914  
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    Wow DNA, that's a great patio. I would love to have a fire pit like that. Is it wood or gas?
    Thanks EP It runs on gas, which is cool because I can run it with little, medium or large flames. A freakin' blackwidow made its home in there over the winter and I turned on the fire pit, but that lil sucker somehow managed to survive so I sprayed it with wasp spray

I have lots of summer BBQ's and the fire pit is always running, and we roast dogs and marshmallows over it for s'mores...YUMMY Or just put the chairs around it and sit and talk. My tiki torches are full of citronella (sp?) to keep mosquitoes away

That definitely is a pimp arsed backyard, Ox. When are we gonna have the kegger? I'm down for some drunken fun if anyone else is. Heck, maybe we can go bowling and see more of BumCake than we expected.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

You guys all have some pretty good views. Your backyard kicks arse Deox. If I were to take any pics, I'd wait until at least late April early May so my yard doesn't look as crappy from the winter.

Edit: And BTW Slick, I'd feel alot safer if I was looking at that big monster in my window everyday.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post

Edit: And BTW Slick, I'd feel alot safer if I was looking at that big monster in my window everyday.
    Same! I love your view too slicks, I love looking at man made awesomeness in the form of jets, planes, boats, bridges, cranes, docks...you name it, it's awesome!

I should have a summer SSG party! That would be so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic View Post
    View from my Star Wars/computer room out the sliding glass door into my backyard. Mmmmmm, a sunny high 70's today Cool idea for a thread

Bring back the bra on helmet pic! Nice backyard Deox. Mine has a bunch of dead grass in it. Also a lot of mud, I keep trying to get grass to grow, some does, but doesn't come back the next year. I'm not willing to spend a lot on grass seed because my landlord is cheap, and would flip his lid if I were to submit a bill for grass seed. I'm hoping to be out of the house I rent after my son graduates, but always uncertain is the future.

The view I see right at the moment is out my public library window, and it is completely dark. just a few lights from houses off on the otherside of the park.

No picture because I don't know how to use the libary computers to share pictures, that and I don't have my camera readily available.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!