Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic View Post
    View from my Star Wars/computer room out the sliding glass door into my backyard. Mmmmmm, a sunny high 70's today Cool idea for a thread
    Hmm. There's less spread-eagle Bümcake than I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    Here's mine. If it was a clearer day you would probably be able to see Yokohama between the Hawk and the crane on the right of the picture.
    Way to ruin it for everyone else, jerk. You're now the kid at the science fair with the real working volcano and we all just have stupid potato radios.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSolo View Post
    Way to ruin it for everyone else, jerk. You're now the kid at the science fair with the real working volcano and we all just have stupid potato radios.
    I just happened to be there at the time. I've gone to other places on the base and don't have a view of the Hawk. Although one of my favorite places to get on the net is outside (it's a bit chilly here now for that) and it gives me a great view of the pre-dreadnaught battleship Mikasa. I may have to go there and get on the net just to take a picture "out of my window" and make you even more jealous.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Here's mine. If it was a clearer day you would probably be able to see Yokohama between the Hawk and the crane on the right of the picture.
    Since I had already seen Deoxy's patio, yours officially wins the JT blue ribbon.

So, it turns out my view is of the Griffith Observatory, I have to drive down the street for the Hollywood sign. I had a perfect shot but the light turned green and I almost killed myself fumbling the camera phone while driving.

The view out my car window was spectacular today, whether looking at the snow-capped mountains to the east or the city to the south (I did a lot of driving, so a lot of the view was at 65-80mph), and I opened the sunroof so it was a lot of blue sky. Crap, I have a mild sunburn on my forearms.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Since I had already seen Deoxy's patio, yours officially wins the JT blue ribbon.

So, it turns out my view is of the Griffith Observatory, I have to drive down the street for the Hollywood sign. I had a perfect shot but the light turned green and I almost killed myself fumbling the camera phone while driving.

The view out my car window was spectacular today, whether looking at the snow-capped mountains to the east or the city to the south (I did a lot of driving, so a lot of the view was at 65-80mph), and I opened the sunroof so it was a lot of blue sky. Crap, I have a mild sunburn on my forearms.
    Yeah yeah, brag about it. Meanwhile we north east folks have to deal with mounds and mounds of snow.

Well at least when the water wars begin, we up here won't be thirsty.
    Salt water ain't all that cheap to desalinate, JT.

heh heh
    Move along, move along

The view out my window: I am just a couple of miles from the Sandia Mountains to the east of me (location-location) When the sun sets they turn red just before it goes down. Hence "Sandia" which means watermelon in well, I don't know what language, probably spanish.
    What's cool is when they are coated in snow it's a surreal pink color.
    Right now most of the snow is melted and the pollen from Juniper and Pine is so thick you can see a haze of it when the sun peeps over them. That's the first thing to bloom around here and a major source of sneezing, watery-itchy eyes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    Yeah yeah, brag about it. Meanwhile we north east folks have to deal with mounds and mounds of snow.
    Hey, you made your choices.

Well at least when the water wars begin, we up here won't be thirsty.
    Salt water ain't all that cheap to desalinate, JT.

heh heh
    You do know that we have plentiful water which we pipe in from the Sierra Nevadas and other surrounding areas, right? And since SoCal is population-dense AND large, we have the buying power to buy up all your water and ship it out here too. Meanwhile, I haven't heard anything great about Pittsburgh's water.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    The view out my window: I am just a couple of miles from the Sandia Mountains to the east of me (location-location) When the sun sets they turn red just before it goes down. Hence "Sandia" which means watermelon in well, I don't know what language, probably spanish.
    What's cool is when they are coated in snow it's a surreal pink color.
    Right now most of the snow is melted and the pollen from Juniper and Pine is so thick you can see a haze of it when the sun peeps over them. That's the first thing to bloom around here and a major source of sneezing, watery-itchy eyes for me.
    Yeah, it's spanish.

Such a poetic post cut down by that last sentence.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Such a poetic post cut down by that last sentence.
    Yeah, it's the bitter with the sweet.

Time for an update now that the azaleas are blooming:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My View2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	17044  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Time for an update now that the azaleas are blooming:
    You ah, got a little bit o dirt on the lower, right corner of that window frame that needs some cleanin' Mister!

Wow, I bet it smells so good outside there right now. Looks GREAT
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Depending on how far I lean back in my chair [OOOOFPH!!]... sorry. I can see one of three windahs, plus a frosted skylight that shows you nothing (unless a crow walks on it). So I zoomed in and took these wonderful, details pics o' my views:

To the SW, a wall.
    To the NW, my backyard.
    To the NE, my frontyard.

Amazing, like a candy-coated chocolate, or a Met.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WindahNE.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	17093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WindaNW.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	17094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WindaSW.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	17095  
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega