Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    I have 2 balconies that overlook the main round-a-bout drive and open park space in my rather large apartment community.

I couldn't sleep for the moment (I slept from like 6pm - 11pm already tonight and have been up and down sporadically), so I turned the heat off (I keep my place at 85 but sometimes it gets too much for me, so I just shut it off and let it cool down on its own to about 82. And I stepped out on the large balcony to cool down. I wore my white bathrobe (looks like ANH Obi-Wan's inner Jedi robe) and brought my Darth Maul FX lightsaber with me (in single-blade mode).

The large sliding glass doors that are one accessway out to my larger balcony reflect really well and I can watch my reflection like it's a large mirror in which to practice my lightsaber forms. I have a lot more space on my balcony for the full double-blade exercises, but my batteries are dead for one of the Maul blades and I want to replace both at the same time, so I'm using a single blade while I still have working batteries in one-half of the saber.

It's also really quiet at this time of night, so once in a while, I'll let loose a major flatulation noise that I make with my hands pressed to my face and it echoes across my complex like Godzilla farted! I guess others can't hear it very well, or aren't sure how to react to it, since I got no response to several farts I periodically let loose. Maybe people thought they were natural so it wasn't regarded as much as an annoying nuiscance noise like it was supposed to be. Disappointed, I quit after getting no attention - not even Security who I only saw at a distance.

I did observe unusual people at 3:30 in the morning. That was interesting. I was going to start a separate thread about that, but this is as good of place as any. I'll post about the others I observed later. Folks don't read long 'net posts any more, and I need to give you some time in case anyone wants to react to my lightsaber training or my farting noises first.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

What, no primal screaming anymore? Did you get that out of your system already?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    What, no primal screaming anymore? Did you get that out of your system already?
    No. That's really an in-the-shower-thing.

I'm a very personally clean person, so I can take 2 showers a day in my usual routine (in the a.m., and sometime in the evening, especially some time after exercising or a swim if my energy is up to such an activity). But while it's important to me to be clean, I am frustrated by how boring it is.

So I think that and the fact that my large bathroom is excellent for creating an echo effect, which prompts the primal screaming thing. Lately it's been shouting "duh" (really loud) like a retard though. Actually, I might be a retard. But in any case, I also scream "I am not insane!" like Commander Riker does in that one episode of Star Trek.

Honestly, I also think that this helps me breathe in the steam created by the shower, and yelling "I'm really bored taking this shower!" might be even closer to the truth, but it kind of focuses on the boredom and that's a downer.

I really like my mind engaged in some intellectual activity - like reading something, learning something, writing something, or theorizing about something - then probably writing about it anyway. If I am struggling to breathe in the shower steam, even for a 10 minute shower, I am frustrated that my ability to concentrate on my thoughts is broken. So the verbal manifestation of my angst must come out in those animal calls. However, like I noted, the calls of a retard are amusing me as of lately.

I feel "dumbed down" while taking a shower, as it's related to what I posted above.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yup, I think humidity or extreme humidity can dull the senses. That's probably why they sell expresso everywhere in the Pacific Northwest.
    I know I could hardly wake up when I visited the Olympic peninsula.

I looked out the living room window this afternoon while there was a commercial break in the middle 'the wild one' on tv. saw my fat next door neighbour hobbling and wobbling across the road wearing hot pants and a boob tube sort of affair. her skin was uncooked pastry dough colour and the dimples and stretch marks in her leg cellulite caught the sun and made interesting patterns. her bingo wings flapped in a synchopated way. her trout face was screwed up in the bright sunshine and i thought she looked a lot like the pilsbury dough boy's white trash mother.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Okay, so after I showed you a glimpse of the Lilac bushes outside my window, I decided I need to show you my lilac bushes from the outside. In one of the photos, along the right side of the picture, you will notice the window from which I look out.
    Nice looking lilac's. We only have 1 anemic looking lilac in our yard which the wife won't let me remove. It has a number of nice blooms in the spring but it's still waist high after quite a number of years and the dogs have taken a liking to chewing on it. When I moved in it was overrun by other plants and had a huge ant hill at it's base which I think stunted it's growth.

I grew up with a few large lilacs outside my window. The smell of their flowers reminds me of childhood summers every time. Hopefully we'll have the time and money to plant a few lilacs this year. The hope is with better placement and soil we'll end up with some healthier plants than our current Charlie Brown edition.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    I looked out the living room window this afternoon while there was a commercial break in the middle 'the wild one' on tv. saw my fat next door neighbour hobbling and wobbling across the road wearing hot pants and a boob tube sort of affair. her skin was uncooked pastry dough colour and the dimples and stretch marks in her leg cellulite caught the sun and made interesting patterns. her bingo wings flapped in a synchopated way. her trout face was screwed up in the bright sunshine and i thought she looked a lot like the pilsbury dough boy's white trash mother.
    Wow! what a picture in my mind.

Jargo, have you considered writing for publication? You can be pretty thorougly descriptive.

to write for publication I'd need talent. sadly my real efforts at writing have lead me to the conclusion that it's best left to those with a real grasp of the english language.
    I also discovered that when I'm being serious people find it amusing, and when I try being funny people take it too seriously. Back in 1998 I was doing a retake on my english exms and I wrote a composition as per my teachers request, and created a tale of radioactive sheep turned savage, after a pharmaceutical company dumped waste in an underground reservoir that fed into a stream the sheep drank from. my teacher spent the whole time she was reading it laughing her head off.
    I suppose it was nice to make someone laugh but that wasn't my intention

It's not much of a view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backyardke2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	17520