Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Not so much the VIEW as with other senses, but the fruitless mulberry tree in my front yard apparently has EVERY SINGLE BIRD IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD nesting in it. Around 6am each morning (and around 5-6pm), they just go at it like they're at an Eagle's concert (or The Byrds, or requesting Skynard's looooong song, watching the Cardinals play National Flying League sports). Loud birds, they are, and you can see the branches shaking, too.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller View Post
    Hee hee. In the thumbnail, the shadow looks like clear, blue water and the snow looked like white sand.
    I never noticed that. I'll advertise beachfront property if I ever sell.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

My classroom window faces north, so not only can you see the mountains and wall of the tennis courts (as well as my arm), there's a double rainbow. Cool!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DblRainbow.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	18519  
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

My lover just moved up north to be closer to me and found a fantastic apartment on historic Hamilton square. Grade 1 listed and protected and possibly crumbling due to being made from sandstone Hamilton square was the seat of local government until just recently. The town hall has been seen in many movies and TV dramas. Owing to the front facade's highly generic quality. Also the fact that it's a cheap location with good access. I took these pics with my cell phone camera last thursday morning. excellent view and quite surreal to wake up and walk into the living room and see when you're used to a very urban view first thing.

Name:	DSC00046.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	18520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00045.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	18521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00044.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	18522  

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    My classroom window faces north, so not only can you see the mountains and wall of the tennis courts (as well as my arm), there's a double rainbow. Cool!
    It looks like a prison (with desks).
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

When I look outside my window, I notice that it's not up high enough for me to jump. At best, I'll only break some bones unless I manage a perfect swan dive, September 11th Style. Then I can hope for a spinal column snap. But in case I don't manage that, there has got to be a better way...

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    It looks like a prison (with desks).
    Ah, I see you've heard from/been a student there, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    When I look outside my window, I notice that it's not up high enough for me to jump. At best, I'll only break some bones unless I manage a perfect swan dive, September 11th Style. Then I can hope for a spinal column snap. But in case I don't manage that, there has got to be a better way...

Try to keep positive about your situation Josh. I don't know if you are just bieng Tycho, or turning to a darker mindset.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

We've been enjoying some much needed rain and cold temperatures. Wonderful cumulus clouds are putting on quite a show now, too. Our skies are normally clear without much character. This may be boring to most, but it's a treat for me!

Name:	View1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	18828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	18829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CumulusSplendor.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	18830  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

My classroom (see above) has been leaking from above the window, and my cinderblock wall has had leaks (worst? from around the electrical outlets ), too. We had sideways rain much of today. And now that it's dark outside, nothing worth seeing (or, at least would show up in a photo).

But our mountains are white with snow, when you can see 'em.