Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    I've been watching a group (family?) of lizards in the backyard the past few weeks. Some have developed personalities, as least as I determine so. I named two: Edgar, who likes to be on the edges of blocks; and Jabba, the largest one, who often just lays there, doing nothing, but other times bothering the rest to keep his own space in the sun. Including the two in front yard (getting the morning sunlight), there are at least six total (enough for a pick-up hockey team ).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lizards 6-12b.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	26221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lizards 6-12a.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	26220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lizards 6-12.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	26219  
    "That's what Sheev said."

Huh, I actually have something for this, for once. I put up this personal gallery yesterday, from photos I took last week...

http://www.jtreviews.com/photos/squirrel/
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like the squirrel and Bel-Cam's lizards.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

More lizarding. Backyard has added another "named" one: Gnomey, who seems to like the spot near the backyard garden decoration. Others hiding in the front porch shrubs.

Warm weather brings out the wildlife, I suppose.

Name:	4-20-13.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	27362   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mar 13 Porch Lizards1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	27363  

What has two thumbs and can see the Summit Fire disturbingly close to his house?

This guy!!

(If I go incommunicado, we've been told there's a slight chance of evacuations here.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    What has two thumbs and can see the Summit Fire disturbingly close to his house?
    And it would appear the fire has blown to the north of us. I can't even see the telltale red glow of a wildfire from where I am, which is odd since I could've almost spit on the fire a few hours back.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What's that phrase? "Shoot on a hoop toward the moon, and you if you miss your field goal, you might post about it on a Star Wars site." Yeah, I think that's it.

Name:	5-4-13b.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	27396  

The palm tree is a surprising entry, that's a really impressively tall tree.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's easy to find my house; look for the Lone Pine, ur, palm from a distance. It's older than some SSG Forumites here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    It's easy to find my house; look for the Lone Pine, ur, palm from a distance. It's older than some SSG Forumites here.
    Are you trying to tell me that a time traveler in a DeLorean knocked down the other palm tree years ago?

(I love driving by the Puente Hills Mall and picturing the Twin Pines/Lone Pines Mall sign there.)