Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

so...is there a law requiring Leslie Nielson to appear in 75% of all spoof movies?

I just saw a preview for another movie I won't be seeing called Superhero Movie...and there he was, Leslie Nielson in a scene where he appears to be playing the Uncle Ben role from the first Spider-Man movie.

The Naked Gun was great, and Repossessed was kinda cool, but enough with Leslie Nielson in these parodies already!!!

He needs to make more stuff like Creepshow.

I think they're trying to put a known funny actor in the movies to make up for them sucking. He's almost overshadowed the glory days of Airplane! and the Naked Gun series.

Dracula: Dead and Loving It was an insult to both Nielson and Mel Brooks. Sadly, Nielson kept going, getting worse every time.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

"Boy, you said it Chuxie. Where did they dig up that old fossil?"

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    He needs to make more stuff like Creepshow.
    I agree, but I wouldn't "hold my breath".
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

The problem is that unfunny directors who think they're funny use him in unfunny, over-the-top ways because they are trying to recapture his Airplane! and Police Squad work, but what made that stuff hit wasn't him being goofy, it was him playing it straight while the material made it funny. It's a big difference from unfunny material trying to be punched up with this.

Apparently, the only one of the old guys in Airplane! who totally "got it" was Robert Stack (who does some of his own stunts in the movie), the rest of that guard didn't really understand where the humor was and I think Leslie Nielsen's career is proof since he keeps taking these roles.

Don't get me wrongo though, Mr Nielsen has given us some of the funniest moments in cinema history when he's got the right team behind him.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was sort of thinking the same thing when I saw the commercial for this. But I guess it's his bread and butter, though I think the bread has gone stale and a bit moldy.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Dracula: Dead and Loving It was an insult to both Nielson and Mel Brooks. Sadly, Nielson kept going, getting worse every time.
    While "Dracula: Dead and Loving It" is garbage compared to Mel Brooks' other work, it is still miles better than any other spoof movie that's come out since then, with the exceptions of "Scary Movie" 1 and 2 and "Not Another Teen Movie".
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    While "Dracula: Dead and Loving It" is garbage compared to Mel Brooks' other work, it is still miles better than any other spoof movie that's come out since then, with the exceptions of "Scary Movie" 1 and 2 and "Not Another Teen Movie".
    You dissin' on Dewey Cox, boy?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    You dissin' on Dewey Cox, boy?!?
    You know I loved "Walk Hard", but I always seem to forget that it was a spoof. But it was more of a spoof of the music industry in general, so I don't really categorize it with stuff like "Scary Movie" or "Young Frankenstein". For the record, "Walk Hard" is funnier than most spoof movies out there. Too bad it flopped in theaters.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

So the 'missing' 0.25% is the first few Scary Movies he wasn't in I'm guessing?