Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Obi Wan's lightsaber?

I wonder what Vader did with it? Destroyed it?

Good question.

Maybe one of those little mouse droids got it an a routine garbage pick up. Or maybe a trooper or officer picked it up wondering what it was, then hit the switch....zzzzttttttcchhhhh....and fell into one of those ominous holes everywhere in the DS, and that was the end of it.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Or better yet, what ever happened to Luke's lightsaber after Vader cuts his hand off. Does Ash from AOD find it, "Oh, so theres where my hand went. Groovy. A lightsaber. Just what I need for slicing up deadites."
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Of course the grandaddy of all ANH mysteries, is what happened to the scanning crew guys, and the 2 stormtroopers that are ambushed inside the Falcon?

Are they still in those smuggling compartments picking space lint out of there belly buttons?

Where are they???

I don't think Ash used a lightsaber. Of course the mother of all inconsistancies in movies, where does Ash get his shotgun from after he gets out of the pit in AOD.

People, if you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about. Leaves the pit with only his chainsaw, does some stuff, scene switches to Arthur, then BOOM! He shoots Arthur's sword, without ever getting his shotgun.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

"Well hello Mr. Fancypants!"

That's his "boomstick". You shouldn't be questioning Ash like that you "primitive".
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

I hope I am remembering both of these correctly, it's been sometime since I read alot of the old EU books and comics, and even the titles have slipped my mind. Ok, first of all, what happened to Obi-Wan's Lightsaber. Well, if you read expanded universe novels or comics at all, Obi Wan's Lightsaber was kept as a prize in Darth Vader's personal castle. I think that Luke discovered it along with quite a few others in one of the novels or comic books. I don't recall what he did with it, I think that one of the Solo children actually currently uses it/used it. Maybe Anakin Solo?

As fo Luke's lightsaber, the one that he looses in Empire Strikes Back when Vader cuts his hand off. This was explained in one of the novels, again I forget which one. After Luke and company's escape Vader had his Nogri search Cloud City for the hand and lightsaber. It was found in one of the smelting rooms like C-3PO was by Chewie. Vader was going to keep it, but was ordered by the Emporer to join him and hand over the lightsaber and hand. It was taken to Palpatine's secret cloning base, and a clone of Luke was created. Luke actually faught his double Luuke upon the discovery of the base and defeated him. Later he gave that old lightsaber to Mara Jade for her personal saber.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JarJarBinks (and everyone else), the Obi-Wan saber dealio is from the Junior Jedi Knights series, specifically Kenobi's Blade. I haven't read those yet, so the story arc may tie in with some of the other JJK books. I'm pretty sure Anakin only used it once and then turned it over to Luke, who keeps it as a relic.

Luuke Skywalker appears in The Last Command. There may be some mention of the saber in Dark Force Rising, too.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    JarJarBinks (and everyone else), the Obi-Wan saber dealio is from the Junior Jedi Knights series, specifically Kenobi's Blade. I haven't read those yet, so the story arc may tie in with some of the other JJK books. I'm pretty sure Anakin only used it once and then turned it over to Luke, who keeps it as a relic.
    Luuke Skywalker appears in The Last Command. There may be some mention of the saber in Dark Force Rising, too.
    Thanks El Chuxter, like I said it's been a while since I have read any of the Star Wars novels. I don't think I have even read the JJK books at all, but I know that I heard the story of Kenobi's blade. I was recounting what I remembered. Thanks for the the information about the clone Luuke novel, I wanna re-read that one soon. Keep up the good work.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Mod's note: This post contains a very minor (but quite amusing) E2 spoiler ahead.

So if you clone the clone Luke, would he be Luuuke Skywalker? And would his clone be Luuuuke? Etc etc?

And why isn't Boba's name Jaango. Or Jangoo? HA HA Never mind. Saying Jangoo aloud, I understand why that's not his name, but....

And what about the thousands and millions of Clone Troopers??

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang o Fett?
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 02-18-2002 at 11:04 AM.

Oh geez. A writer found a use for Luke's hand and lightsaber?

Anything to sell a book I suppose.

Then what was that thing that Luke saw falling into the clouds when he was hanging off that atennae in the movie? I thought that was his hand.