Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Please take pity on a newbie......

I've been on these boards for a week or so now, and have been finding them all fascinating...but I'm totally lost wil all the acronyms flying around....can someone please humour me and give me a quick run down....knowing them will help me find the figures that I want...EG..stuff like VTAC and the like.....

I'd be glad to help.

Here's everything that needs to be known:

First off, for the movies,

TPM - The Phantom Menace
    AOTC - Attack of the Clones
    ROTS - Revenge of the Sith
    ANH -A New Hope
    ESB - The Empire Strikes Back
    ROTJ - Return of the Jedi

Also these two are good to know:

CW - Clone Wars
    EU - Expanded Universe

Regarding the toys...

POTF2 -The beginning of the modern line from 1995-2000
    EP1 - The Episode I line
    POTJ - The Power of the Jedi line
    Saga - The Star Wars Saga line from 2002-2004
    OTC - Original Trilogy Collection line from 2004
    VOTC - The "Vintage Style" subline released in 2004
    ROTS - The Episode III figure line
    TSC - The Saga Collection line from 2006
    VTSC - The "Vintage Style" subline released in 2006
    TAC - 30th Anniversary Collection line from 2007-present
    VTAC - The "Vintage Style" subline released in 2007
    TFU - The Force Unleashed

Some other acronyms you may see around the boards are WM (short for Wal Mart) and TRU (short for Toys R Us)

Hope that helped.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

You missed three others GG:

OT - Original Trilogy
    PT - Prequel Trilogy
    KH - Kidhuman
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

many, many thanks to General Greivous for the info It'll be invaluable.

Tell me though..are the Vintage collections more expensive in the Colonies too?

Over here they cost three times as much, just for the addition of an extra plastic bubble over the whole card.
    They cost us 14.99, thats near as Dammit 30 bucks at the moment. and thats at TRU not Scalper prices!

Here the vintage figures are more, basic figurs cost $6 to $7 while the vintage would run about $12 to $13 or more depending where you get them. Wow SB that is a lot of scratch for a vintage figure.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Hey, look, there is some mercy in this dojo.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I don't think I ever saw VOTC in my TRU, but they had VTSC and VTAC for 9.99. And when I was there today, I saw they had figures from both the last two "vintage" lines down to 7.99 each. There was also an offer on the McQuarrie Luke figure - free if you spend over 25. Shame I paid 15 (+ shipping) for mine ages ago, when I thought he'd be an exclusive we'd never see over here.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

i bought my latest aquisitions at woolworths on the Edgeware road in London at 4.99 apiece. I got the vintage figures i wanted loose on ebay for roughly 6.99. Although i'll admit i bought my 2 Tuskens from an American seller so with postage it probably cost full retail price. I don't bother with TRU ever. just not worth the journey. not for the inevitable disappointment of not finding anything remotely new or current. for a store named and famed for toys they seem to sell more video games and computers than anything else. unless you like Barbie.

LoLz = that's very funny you dweeb.

GG = Gentle Giant
    MM = Master Replicas
    SS = SideShow

What are the damned odds that three high end star wars merchandise makers have the same two initials?

R.I.P. MM
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!