Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Toys Aren't Us Sucks

I went to my local TRU this week after not doing my weekly rounds in over a month and they STILL had the same lame pegwarmers on the shelf that they had last month. I mean it looks like nobody has bought anything since my last visit. I know TRU has been creeping along the last few years since closing down 3 other stores in my city but this is ridiculous. The only new item they've gotten this year has been the Obi-Wan starfighter. The store is always trashed too. It's like the employees (the one or two I actually see working there) don't even care how the store looks anymore. If I was the store manager I'd be chewing some butts. It's atrocious. No wonder nobody shops there anymore. I keep hoping they just put it out of its misery and close the store down. All of my purchases are from Target or Walmart anyway. Somebody just shoot the dog and put it down for good.

TRU has sucked for years.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

TRU!

But I think they are at their all time suckiness now.

I did find the new Evo sets at mine, when no one else has them yet..... but yes, Suck, Suck, Suck they do, because that's the only new thing they've had in a while with the exception of a wave 7.5 or 8 figure strewn in from time to time. Mines usually pretty messy too.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

The TRU in my town never has new figures on the shelves until a month after I've found them elsewhere. Of course there are at least 3 collectors working there who buy up everything as soon as it comes in. Apparently one of the local comic book guys comes in every morning and raids all the new figures that they don't get. I still go there (mainly to kill time during lunch or buy diapers for the youngling) but rarely do I get anything non-baby related.

Just today TRU.com cancelled my pre-order for the padme and rebel pilots evolutions sets they had available a couple months ago. This wouldn't be that bad if they hadn't already shipped the Fett Evo pack I ordered along with it and charged the full shipping for the entire order. I was on the phone with their customer service for 20 minutes this mroning over $4 and change. The money certainly wasn't worth the time involved, but I wasn't letting them keep it either.

I guess the lesson learned here is that if I'm going to pre-order anything, I should get it from kebco.

Toys R' Us may suck. I wouldn't know since I havn't been in one for years.

But K-mart is worse.

I sense another boycott in the offing.

Didn't TRU recently have a buy 2 get 1 free offer?
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I don't think they suck. I just think they are behind the game most of the time.
    Move along, move along

I'm surprised no one from the LA SSG crew has chimed in. Anyhow, just be glad your local TRU's aren't in cahoots with the local scalpers.

However, to their defense, my lone SA 501st (thus far) came from there during their 3 for the price of 2 sale and from last summer to the end of the year, that's where I found most of my SW figures.

The one here is the only TRU in the entire region...the other closest one is an over 2 hour drive away....so we take what we can get. It's one of those combo stores (Kids R Us & Toys R Us), so, as long as they have diapers and baby clothes, the perpetually pregnant mommies are happy and the rest of the store can stagnate, especially the action figure section can literally go down to empty for weeks at a time until the truck shipment arrives. 9 times out of 10, as far as SW goes, the figures are usually the dregs of the distribution warehouse (meaning 2 or 3 waves behind)...we still haven't seen 08 wave one yet at this store! The latest shipment contained 2 cases of legends (the red BD/Rex stickered one) and some evo packs....now, Padme is dining alone again on the pegs....

Maybe by May we'll be "caught up" here.....meanwhile, I'll have to go out of state to try and keep with with the latest waves...