Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

'08 wave 1 Vader & Kenobi

These two are old news to most the folks around here, but...

I want to thank Hasbro for giving me the perfect desktop "poor man's" version of that Sideshow "Vs." dio...

Finally got to open these two...and I'm impressed! When Hasbro rocks, they rock hard! I think they are both great figures...at first glance, I thought "How many more times can they fill assortments with these versions of these guys?"...but a closer look reveals they have a lot to offer as figures as far as detailing, sculpt and articulation and for me, they are enough of an improvement to be well worth picking up.

Yeah, the head pops off Obi-Wan pretty easily and the skirt isn't quite as successful (from the back anyway) as Anakins, er, Vader's, but one can achieve some great poses with him and I'm lovin' the lava platform to display them on!

This Anakin, er, Vader figure is really good...the only other thing that would put it over the top are ball-jointed elbows (and a cloak)....but that doesn't stop this from being a great looking, extremely posable figure, It's really cool if Hasbro wants to keep the cases fresh with core characters if they are done up with improved versions like this.

Along with the Obi-Wan an combined with the panning droid set, you've got a perfect desktop diorama of that great duel...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vader_kenobi-duel07SSG.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	16930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vader_kenobi-duel02SSG.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	16931  

so are both these figures considered NEW sculpts?? they look the same on the card so i have yet to pick them up. but if they are New i will have to give them a try.
    thanks...
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    Yeah, the head pops off Obi-Wan pretty easily and the skirt isn't quite as successful (from the back anyway) as Anakins, er, Vader's, but one can achieve some great poses with him and I'm lovin' the lava platform to display them on!
    For those that don't like the new head sculpt, the old one from the ROTS Pilot Obi-Wan fits perfectly on this figure's neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Brain View Post
    so are both these figures considered NEW sculpts?? they look the same on the card so i have yet to pick them up. but if they are New i will have to give them a try.
    thanks...
    They have added hip articulation for better poses. I have to say they look pretty sweet dueling on top of the Lava platform. As far as reduexs, I'd say these are probably the last two versions of ROTS Obi, and Ani, I'll most likely ever buy since they're the best.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I have picked up the figures and have been out beating the bushes for the panning droid. Basically the figures are nothing new, but there is something about getting these figures...they are iconic.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

i will have to pick them up, are there any other figures in the new wave that 'LooK' like recards but... are actually 'New' scuplts? thanks for the info, and your phots rock! i have the older figs and the panning droid, but could not fit both of them on the single platform like you did, so i hope the extra articulation will help.
    thanks
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

I have to say that the only things that bug me about the Anakin and the panning droid are the lack of Sith Eyes on Anakin and the way to small platform that comes with the panning droid, would have liked to see a larger platform for more action with the figures and sith eyes for Annie
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Brain View Post
    i will have to pick them up, are there any other figures in the new wave that 'LooK' like recards but... are actually 'New' scuplts? thanks for the info, and your phots rock! i have the older figs and the panning droid, but could not fit both of them on the single platform like you did, so i hope the extra articulation will help.
    thanks
    later
    Yeah there are two other "almost" repacks. Commander Gree is a figure that has also been done before but this one has a few new quirks including a new and more accurate paint scheme and extra articulation (including ball jointed wrists!). Also in this wave is the Kashyyyk trooper who was previously released but turned out to be a new deco for the VTSC scout trooper. In reality, it turns out, that there are a few small differences in armor and so we got a new more accurate figure.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Ball-jointed wrists on Gree?? Now we're going to need every jedi figure rereleased with balljointed wrists. As threepio said 'here we go again'.....

I was going to pass on these myself but hasbro really improved everything that was wrong with those figures (other than the V cut articulation on anakin's elbows.) And after really looking at these figures i had to go ahead and get them...but i will never buy another Anakin or Obi Wan from ROTS again.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!