Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Rumor List

New Rumor List

Ok, so most of these have been around the rumor mill for a while, but Rebelscum has a new list up for TLC, Follow the link below.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ion_113180.asp
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I've just got to say that if they release an "Ultimate" BattlePack with four rehashed figures (one of which is another damned Sullustan!), three spirits (likely existing figures in clear plastic), and a Funeral Pyre Vader, I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to fly to Rhode Island, go to the nearest Lowes or Home Depot, and buy all the pitchforks they have in stock. And I have a feeling no one at Hasbro will like what happens next. Or their next of kin, for that matter.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The only thing interesting to me is the red Sullustan Pilot.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've just got to say that if they release an "Ultimate" BattlePack with four rehashed figures (one of which is another damned Sullustan!), three spirits (likely existing figures in clear plastic), and a Funeral Pyre Vader, I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to fly to Rhode Island, go to the nearest Lowes or Home Depot, and buy all the pitchforks they have in stock. And I have a feeling no one at Hasbro will like what happens next. Or their next of kin, for that matter.
    My whole thing there, is why just figures? Unless that lists only just the figs and something else is to be included with them(like a vehicle or something). We at least got a couple of AT-STs with the last two UBPs. If these are done with just rehashed figs then I'd tend to have to agree with you Chux.

Still diggin the "Fro" 'tar BTW.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

People have been asking for a funeral pyre Vader so I don't know that we can complain.

some people have. a relatively small number. I'm sure if true they'll be happy. same as the small number of people happy to get a Yarna D'al Gargan figure.

i'm not complaining i'm saying those are dull choices for product. personal opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    People have been asking for a funeral pyre Vader so I don't know that we can complain.
    We're not complaining about that Devo. It's the eight other rehashes they'll want us to pay $50 for just to get the one we want, or none at all. People wanted last years Spirit Anakin to have a Sebastian head(or interchangable versions of both), and they gave us Haydens instead. So they'll give us the one we want in this UBP, much like they did with Blue Coat Han in the Hoth UBP. It's their way of throwing variants out and making us pay for more figures that: A)we might not want at all or, B) are probably repacks of ones we already have. Gets a bit frustrating at times.

Last years UBPs were good in the fact that they at least had vehicles and army builders in them. I'm not getting that from this current list, and until I read more, or see some actual images of what's included, then the jury's still out. I might change my mind after that depending on how good some of the figs are, or what else is included, but for right now, and according to the list, it's mostly repacks and not worth the purchase.

The thing is we don't know what versions of the figures they will use.

Darth Vader (Funeral Pyre) - new, or at least an old figure atop a new funeral pyre accessory
    Red Sullustian Pilot - probably a repaint of the upcoming Evolutions
    Yoda Spirit - new unless they do these spirits in the old blue format
    Anakin Spirit (Sebastian Shaw Head) - new head on TAC

Obi-Wan Spirit - repack of OTC

These last three are the mystery figures. What will they do with them? They could do something to an existing sculpt to make people want them, like the blue coat Han in the Hoth pack. Maybe Hasbro will choose this set to give us a DS2 Luke. Then people will only complain that they couldn't find the set.

Luke Skywalker
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca

The Luke will probably be the new one coming out this year with a different head, if I were to have to guess. As for Han and Chewie, there are several they could use as repacks.