Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has Anyone Else Noticed...

...a serious lack of paint on some of the newer vehicles? Now while I will say that Hasbro doesn't always have the best weathering or battle damage paint apps on some of the ships, it does make them look better than without IMO.

On two of my more recent vehicles, the TRU Obi-Wan fighter, and the AT-AP there is a serious lack of paint as far as the weathered/battle damaged look. We've also seen the photos of the V-19 Torrent(Which Hasbro has said won't be weathered), and I recently saw images of the Aayla Secura Stafighter, which also shows a severe lack of extra paint.

I'd like to know what gives? Is Hasbro getting cheap on us here?
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post
    Is Hasbro getting cheap on us here?
    What do you mean "getting?"

Some of the images I've seen of the AT-TE indicate a lack of paint, weathering, etc., but that may just be because it's not the final product.

They do it so you also buy the weathered repaint a year or two from now. Its been done with just about every vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    What do you mean "getting?"

Some of the images I've seen of the AT-TE indicate a lack of paint, weathering, etc., but that may just be because it's not the final product.
    I know what you mean there as far as "getting". They've always been somewhat cheap in certain areas I know.

I do hope that the AT-TE does benifit from some sort of weathered paint apps, because I think it would make it look that much more awesome, but I won't complain if it doesn't due to the fact that they're good enough to be putting it out to us at all.

I'm sure if it sells well enough we'll see it repainted in some form a year or two down the road anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    They do it so you also buy the weathered repaint a year or two from now. Its been done with just about every vehicle.
    Actually though, the first version of Obi-Wan's Jedi Fighter came weathered. The new version with the hyperspace ring is not, so maybe that explains that there. As far as the AT-AP, I'm sure we will get some kind of repaint there in the future. The Aayla starfighter, I won't get unless it's given to me, so I probably wouldn't buy a repaint later on.

Even some of the vehicles from the mid to late 90s had a fair amount of weathering. Just seems like a cop-out to me that they're doing them without lately.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I understand the Aayla Secura starfighter is very lightly armored. So lightly armored that you wonder how the Jedi allow her to fly in it. I think it only has two tiny pieces of stragetically-placed metal covering the intake nozzles.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Paint, plastic, all petroleum based. Maybe they are trying to cut a little off the cost of production lately?

Cut a few hundred barrels of paint, knock the wages back down to 2.00 a day, they might make a profit this year.

That'll get the Chinese workers saying "they're stealing our jobs" when they hear that giant sucking sound coming from India.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    That'll get the Chinese workers saying "they're stealing our jobs" when they hear that giant sucking sound coming from India.
    Yep, my company is looking at doing that right now...India is gonna be a big opportunity for us.

You know, if you're creative weathering isn't a big deal.

Just buy a couple of graphite sticks from your local art store and you're all set. This way, people who want a nice clean version of the same ship can have it, and people who want it weathered can have that too.

I did this with my vintage At-At I found at a grauge sale so that it'd match my imperial shuttle they released about a year ago, and it worked fine.

Most people think the At-At's weathering looks better than the shuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I understand the Aayla Secura starfighter is very lightly armored. So lightly armored that you wonder how the Jedi allow her to fly in it. I think it only has two tiny pieces of stragetically-placed metal covering the intake nozzles.
    Yeah, but shouldn't those tiny peices be painted in brown instead of white? You know, to match what she's wearing. Also shouldn't there be some dots painted on the top somewhere to match her lekku?

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic View Post
    You know, if you're creative weathering isn't a big deal.

Just buy a couple of graphite sticks from your local art store and you're all set. This way, people who want a nice clean version of the same ship can have it, and people who want it weathered can have that too.

I did this with my vintage At-At I found at a grauge sale so that it'd match my imperial shuttle they released about a year ago, and it worked fine.

Most people think the At-At's weathering looks better than the shuttle.
    It's not that I'm not creative Neuro, it's that I can be a bit lazy at times. It's been some time since I've built a model or done any customizing.