Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think I may wait until the AT-TE comes out to get more clones.

Is this a good idea?

I'm not going to fill the thing with 20 or more Clones. It will be displayed "closed" in my dioramas (Geonosis and Utopau).

I will use AT-TE Gunner figures (ROTS, Saga Greatest Battles) where any Clones have to be visible (top gunner chair, command cockpit) but unless you can see inside a window (and I guess I won't know until I get the vehicles), I'm not going to worry about crewing it with Clones.

I'll try that out with my loose figures when I first get it, just to play with it. But then when it goes behind glass, who's going to know if I have troops in there or not?

But if you can see in windows or something, I may have to turn to eBay really late in the game if only animated-style clones are available at that time.

What do you think?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm picking stray ones up here and there when I see them. Beats having to resort to ebay later on. I'll crew mine even if it's all closed up. I know some people like to just display the vehicle, but I like having pilots and crews in my ships, because they don't look right without them IMO.

For the most part though Tycho, I doubt you'll have to worry about clones being available or not.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I think I may wait until hell freezes over to get more clones.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Is this a good idea?

I'm not going to fill the thing with 20 or more Clones. It will be displayed "closed" in my dioramas (Geonosis and Utopau).

I will use AT-TE Gunner figures (ROTS, Saga Greatest Battles) where any Clones have to be visible (top gunner chair, command cockpit) but unless you can see inside a window (and I guess I won't know until I get the vehicles), I'm not going to worry about crewing it with Clones.

I'll try that out with my loose figures when I first get it, just to play with it. But then when it goes behind glass, who's going to know if I have troops in there or not?

But if you can see in windows or something, I may have to turn to eBay really late in the game if only animated-style clones are available at that time.

What do you think?
    Why turn to ebay when you can ask some of us for help? You might remember me saying on the AT-TE thread that I thought I might have extras of the Gunners. I found one carded one and 1 loose and might have others as well which you are welcome to. If you're interested in AT-RT drivers, I have tons of them as well.

The main cockpit is a single-seat with big windows on the front and sides, you'd want a driver for that, and the top cannon is a manned turret so you'll want a gunner for that. But if you're going to keep it closed, no reason to get any clones at all I guess. I don't plan on buying any more clones, I have enough ROTS guys in different variations that I'll just shove them in there and not worry about mismatched armor and ranks. Actually, I have enough #6 and #41s that I could probably have standing clone commanders leading a small squad in each aisle (there are 3 aisles), but besides plain white, only my orange Cody squad is deep enough to work that way.

Still, especially for AOTC clones, you won't likely find them at that point, but they're still findable now, so if you want those guys instead of ROTS, now is definitely the time as they were harder to get all along (though I know Tycho has a bunch of 'em).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Good point JT:

I plan to buy 2 AT-TEs (Geonosis, Utopau)

For Geonosis, the Clones need to be AOTC style. Indeed I do have a ton of them, but I may need a specialized figure or two for the cockpit and top cannon.

Hmmm. Hey Figrin. Please disregard my PM I just sent you. I'll purchase 2 from you but will NOT need 4 total in light of this. The figures would be from the wrong movie!

I bought correctly before hand, but just never anticipated the AT-AP being made as well. Thus my need for gunners for the smaller walkers.

I may pick up 2 more SL AOTC clones at Target. They ARE available. I don't think I should use the Republic Gunship Pilot figure in there, do you?

I wouldn't have enough of those guys as it is. I know I have 16, maybe 20 of them, but I might need 2 more for the V-19's as it is.

Here's to hope for a re-release of the AOTC Republic Gunship Pilot then.

But I don't know if any ranked clones (green, blue, red - surely not yellow) should be driving or gunning on an AT-TE from AOTC).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Before I realized that AT TE gunner mold was weak I picked up about 10 of them. I might want to trade them for other figures once the AT TE comes out.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car View Post
    Before I realized that AT TE gunner mold was weak I picked up about 10 of them. I might want to trade them for other figures once the AT TE comes out.
    What do you mean by "weak?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    What do you mean by "weak?"
    He means "Not as good as other versions of the Clone Trooper" my friend, and I agree with him. Especially where his arm and elbow articulation are concerned. I tried to put one on my AT-AP and he didn't fit as well as any of the SA clones.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]