Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up 12 new Titanium Series vehicles for the Fall!

From the Hasbro Q&A of March 12th:

Hasbro: ... a total of twelve all new tools for the Fall including the Cloud Car, and some other surprises we will reveal at Comic Con. ...
    For once I would like to write a post not to complain with Hasbro but to pay a compliment to them!

The question was actually reporting the poor Titanium display at Toy Fair, and Hasbro reversed the situation announcing a very rich fall for Titanium Series this year.

If I am correct we already heard rumors about:
    TIE Defender,
    V-19 Torrent Starfighter,
    Rebel Transport,
    and the confirmed Cloud Car.

This means 8 more new vehicles. In how many waves? I do not know.
    In any case a lot of new vehicles.
    Thank you Hasbro.

Ciao,
    JediGoofy
    R2Dee2 and Vulcantouch, always remembered, always missed. :-(

There was a question asked to asbro in te Q&A about this. IF I can find it, I will post it here
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

They confirmed a few more today: UT-AT, E-wing, and Republic Carrier. They're '09 entries though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Isn't one for this year the Outrider, or is that for 2009?
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Nothing announced yet, Jangu. 2 years... promised but still yet to materialize. Confidence is high... go to Defcon 1. I think we'll see it this year.

Weirdly, Atlas hasn't announced theirs, either... though there's a blueprint of the Outrider on one their pages.

One other point... didn't Hasbro say "12 all-new tools for the Fall"? They didn't say 12 all new ships to be released this Fall... maybe some of these are new moulds for 2009 ships?
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

No, when they say "new tools for fall", they mean brand-new ships to be released this fall, that's what it means.

And in '06 they said we'd be getting the Outrider in '08, so far though, we haven't heard squat.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, maybe these new titaiums will be shown at SDCC. I believe in the last Hasbro Q&A someone asked why some items like the Titaniums and TF had such a weak showing. Hasbro said something along the lines of, last minute change, and they hope to show more of the lines that were all but ignored at SDCC. Hopefully late July we'll know what we can expect.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Smile My new guess on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    No, when they say "new tools for fall", they mean brand-new ships to be released this fall, that's what it means.
    Reconsidering this issue, and taking in account the latest Hasbro announcements are already dealing with ’09 waves (E-wing, Republic Carrier, and UT-AT), now I think that when Hasbro said "twelve all new tools for the Fall" maybe they intended not just in the fall releases, but in the whole ’08 year up to the fall (imho of course, you know jt I respect you very much ).

There is the following reasoning behind my opinion:

If I am correct, there will be 15 new Titaniums this year (besides repaints and repacks):
    Wave 1
    1) AT-OT
    2) Jabba’s Desert Skiff
    Wave 2
    3) [Anakin’s Podracer]
    4) Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
    5) Rogue Shadow
    6) Luke Skywalker’s Red Five X-wing (new mold with movable wings)
    future Wave 3
    7) Naboo Royal Cruiser
    8) T-16 Skyhopper
    future Wave 4
    9) Episode III Jedi Starfighter with hyperspave Ring
    10) [Gungan Sub]
    11) [Sebulba’s Podracer]
    other ’08 waves
    12) Cloud Car
    13) V-19 Torrent Starfighter
    14) TIE Defender
    15) Rebel Transport

This number rounds off perfectly to 12 if we consider “Anakin’s Podracer”, “Sebulba’s Podracer”, and “Gungan Sub” are new in the Titanium Series line, but their molds already existed in the Galoob’s Die-Cast line (even if 2 of them were unproduced).

Q.E.D. (Quod Erat Demostrandum )

I am contradicting myself here, since I was hoping for 12 new vehicles besides those we already have in the 4 '08 waves we know so far (2 released and 2 yet to be released), but 11+12=23 new molds just in one year looks too much for the Titanium Series line (even if in France they are able to put together 65 vehicles in little more than a year! )

Ciao,
    JediGoofy
    R2Dee2 and Vulcantouch, always remembered, always missed. :-(

Caveat emptor... ad nauseum, dude.

An interesting hypothesis, Jedigoofy... kinda the opposite of JediTrick's opinion.

I'm sure you're like me... hoping that JT's right and we get 12 new moulds in Fall '08. I am still pretty skeptical, despite the authoritative tone of JT's post.

I thought we were getting 6 waves of ships this year. With 4 waves officially announced, that leaves about 12 ships to go this year? Hmmm.... knowing Hasbro's penchant for repaints and retreads, I still think that we'll see some of them moulds in Spring '09.

I guess we'll only know for certain at SDCC or at whatever Celebration thingy they do this year.

Has Atlas actually released 65 ships yet? Haven't heard from Sicqnus in a while... I think we've seen about 6. The only downside is their availability outside France and their insane pricing! C'est merde!
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

I don't know what Hasbro's going to do, I only know what they said to us:
    SSG: Why was Titanium Series so poorly represented at your Toy Fair display? Can you tell us what's forthcoming for Titaniums later in the year (preferably with pictures), and why they are delayed until fall? Are we ever getting the Outrider mentioned back in '06?
    Hasbro: We simply could not give adequate coverage to everything at Toy Fair, and some sublines regrettably did not get the true time and attention they deserve. Titanium certainly was not alone in this respect, as we lightly covered it as well as Unleashed 2" and Star Wars Transformers Crossovers as well. In Fall, we will be doing a Clone-Wars inspired redeco wave for the 7/26 Clone Wars brand reset. After that, Titanium will have some exciting new vehicles, a total of twelve all new tools for the Fall including the Cloud Car, and some other surprises we will reveal at Comic Con. Going forward, we are determined to keep Titanium vibrant and exciting, with new tools drawn from movies as well as Expanded Universe.
    Judging by their wording and how they've said things in the past Q&As, this suggests they will have 12 new molds between July 26th and the end of the year. They could have misspoke and meant for the year, but that is inconsistent with how they've said things in the past. It's actually pretty clear, I undermined the part that matters to showing that.