Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Three new Obi-Wans! (EpI, II, and IV)

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/han...r=asc&start=75

1. Hasbro, are there any plans to do an Obi-wan evolutions pack. We are now only lacking a super articulated Episode I Obi-wan to go with our evolutions Qui-gon and Darth Maul. Most importantly though, is the lack of a definitive Episode II Obi-wan. Every version released since 2002-2004 saga collection was rendered sub par by mediocre action features and awkward presculpted poses. While we have had similar comic pack versions released, they have been wearing wrong color clothing or Episode III boots because most have been retools of the Pilot Obi-wan figure, or a solid cloak which restricts articulation. To complete the set, we could use a redo on Episode IV Ben Kenobi. The vintage OTC version was not so satisfactory either, due to straight cut swivel arms that are sculpted oddly, a ridiculously puffy cloak and no knee articulation. Any chance of wish fullfilment this year? Even word of a single carded version of these would be fantastic.

OK, great question. The answer is that an Obi-Wan Evolution set with figures from EpI, EpII, and EpIV *was* on the drawing board for late in the Evo run, but the plug was pulled. Before you get to angry with us, though, it was cancelled for a good reason: the figures are going to be some of the "anchor" figures for upcoming waves in late 2008/early 2009. All three fgures should see the shelves by the end of 2009, in any case.

It'll be interesting to see if they improve the face sculpt on the TPM Kenobi, and how they tweak the ANH Ben's body. The latter better have superior articulation over the VOTC one.

I'd be down for a GOOD TPM Obi-Wan.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Hear, hear. Ep I Obi Wan is SERIOUSLY lacking a good, modern quality figure. Sounds like that's going to change soon.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Sweet! This would have made a fantastic Evolutions pack but it will still be great to get them individually.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm down for all of those, but Hasbro should have just bit the bullet and released them in an Evolutions pack so we could have got them all in one shot.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    Hear, hear. Ep I Obi Wan is SERIOUSLY lacking a good, modern quality figure. Sounds like that's going to change soon.
    Yeah, but there was something to be said about the non-ball-jointed head. They just look better, especially in profile view of course.
    The ball-jointed head is something I wish Hasbro would improve or eliminate altogether. I like most of the SA we get except that.

Still I'll be looking forward to some different ones.
    Sooner or later will get TAC Obi-wan #1 with Mustafar battle-damage.
    Like to see a phase two Obi-wan in armor, seeins' as were getting a phase one armored Obi.
    Then a phase three like the upcoming Clone Wars, with subtle differences like a Cody style hemet.
    All in realistic style excuse me.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    I'm down for all of those, but Hasbro should have just bit the bullet and released them in an Evolutions pack so we could have got them all in one shot.
    No. I need multiples of AOTC Obi-Wan - like probably 8 of them or so for different diorama scenes. I'm so glad they are doing it this way because I wouldn't buy the Evo sets and get stuck with 8 Bens and 8 padawans.

The Evo would make me all Emo. We couldn't have that. Fnl.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Good move here, EP1 and 2 obis are needed.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Sooner or later will get TAC Obi-wan #1 with Mustafar battle-damage.
    I remember in the early pics of him, he did seem to have battle damage painted on him, but the final figure of course, nothing, so I think you're right there. As for the ball jointed heads you mentioned, I think that's hit or miss. It works good on some, but not so much on others.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]