Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Target $1 Items

Arrow Target $1 Items

Check out your local Target store, in their One Spot (think that's its name) discount aisle near the front of the store. They're cheap (a buck a piece) and decent in quality. Currently, they have:

- marker set (8 colors)
    - 2 pens set
    - small water bottle
    - magnetic notepad
    - flimsy backpack
    - yo-yo
    - mini dry erase board
    - maybe some others I can't recall

All of these are in one of three styles: Vader, Yoda, and... Chewie? Wha-?! Huh?!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

BCJ: SHHHH!!!

My wife haunts that section every time we go to Target. She cleans up on "incentives" and supplies for her third grade class.

She hit a record this year in dumping money back into her class: almost $5,000 out of our pockets for supplies (the district is woeful in supplying paper, pencils, scissors, glue sticks, you know, the basics), "incentives", and other goodies for her kids.

Nothing like working for free for a couple of months a year.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    BCJ: SHHHH!!!

She hit a record this year in dumping money back into her class: almost $5,000 out of our pockets for supplies (the district is woeful in supplying paper, pencils, scissors, glue sticks, you know, the basics), "incentives", and other goodies for her kids.

Nothing like working for free for a couple of months a year.
    Wow! I've never put that much into my class before. I've gone close to $500 once or twice, but I am anal retentive about my stuff, so it lasts as long as I can get out of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I bought a Yoda mousepad.
    Haven't seen any MPs yet; will have to keep an eye out fer 'em.

I bought the markers, pens, pencils and dry erase boards last year. they also and wallets and a few other things
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Wow! I've never put that much into my class before. I've gone close to $500 once or twice, but I am anal retentive about my stuff, so it lasts as long as I can get out of 'em.
    Well, you gotta remember she has an army of third graders :train wrecks:. They're not as responsible and mature as your students .

My wife has the utter AUDACITY to actually supply materials for art projects throughout the year (instead of constant testing) so that her kiddies might broaden their educational horizons. She also provides other resources (CDs, DVDs for things like history, science, and social studies) to jump-start the little darling's collctive heads. My wife tries to make learning fun! From her test scores, she's pretty darn successful, too! Her school is a magnet school (read: lots of lower-economic kids), and she's seen the investments pay off. . We may complain, but in the end, it's been worth it.

BTW: Typically we spent between $1500 to $3000 per year in her class....this year has gone nuts for whatever reason. Her district's annual supply budget for the school year is a whopping $750 for classroom supplies (that's about $83/month for 20 students).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Well, you gotta remember she has an army of third graders :train wrecks:. They're not as responsible and mature as your students .

BTW: Typically we spent between $1500 to $3000 per year in her class....this year has gone nuts for whatever reason. Her district's annual supply budget for the school year is a whopping $750 for classroom supplies (that's about $83/month for 20 students).
    Responsible and mature high school students, eh? Hmm... I have to question your sanity there, TI.

We don't get the money to buy supplies; my department just gets the supplies themselves. If you don't use those, you can trade with someone else who doesn't use some other ones. And I usually end up buying the rest, or the replacements for the used-up stuff. Often, Target is a good place for said items.

KH, I remember the wallets, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Responsible and mature high school students, eh? Hmm... I have to question your sanity there, TI.
    What subject do you teach? I teach high school as well, US history and civics.

In a related story, I am also an alcoholic.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    What subject do you teach? I teach high school as well, US history and civics.

In a related story, I am also an alcoholic.
    I teach freshman and sophomore college prep English, plus a preparation class for juniors and seniors who had not yet passed the HS exit exam. This is a full six-period day, no prep period.

In a related story, I am semi-OCD and possibly clinically insane.

Oh, found the mousepads. Some for home, some for school.