Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

POTJ Carbon Freezing Chamber

I just found one of these, and i was wondering if it's a sound play set, i love ESB, and i always wanted this style of play set...i was just wondering what the pros and cons were of this set?

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I still haven't gotten one of these....a fan club exclusive back in the day....when the fan club was decent :P
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Pros: the elastic freeze gimmick is kinda fun to play with.

Cons: the freeze block doesn't look like much. There is very little actual play area on this thing. The gun is huge and borrowed from the early '90s 12" GI Joe line. The exclusive figure is downright awful.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I liked this playset when I had one, but only displayed vintage figures on it. It just felt like something that would have been released in the vintage line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinscia Fat'o View Post
    I just found one of these, and i was wondering if it's a sound play set, i love ESB, and i always wanted this style of play set...i was just wondering what the pros and cons were of this set?
    It's cool and cheap at the same time. I actually have it as part of a diorama and it looks cool if there's a bunch of figs on it.

Don't pay too much for it! For example, I would pay NO MORE than what it was at retail and actually if I bought it now, I'd pay less because back then you (a general you) were paying for "exclusivity" as well
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I need to fetch me one of these that playsets
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It works best for setting up a scene where Vader and Luke fight. There isn't really enough room to re-create the scene where Han gets frozen.

Mine is still boxed, like much of my collection.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    There isn't really enough room to re-create the scene where Han gets frozen.
    That's what I have on mine and it actually looks pretty decent but a little cramped. I'll take some pictures a bit later, off to the CDCR for now
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Small but cool. Particularly if you can find and print off a Carbon freezing chamber movie still to use as a backdrop.