Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

1st Annual 2008 SSG April Comedy Movie Challenge!

Welcome to the First Annual (2008) SirStevesGuide April Comedy Movie Challenge! All members are encouraged to participate!

The rules are simple:

Watch any feature length comedy movie between the month of April (1st-30th) and post your results here; with each entry including the day watched, the movie's title, and listed in numerical order. This is the basic format, please see the example below. Feel free to add your own comments about each movie watched, the year it was released, who starred in the film, and other miscellaneous information, if you so desire.

The qualifications are fairly flexible, with the only requirement is that the film is comedic in nature (in some sort of majority), whether it be a straight up Comedy (like Tommy Boy), a Horror/Comedy (like Shaun of the Dead) or a Dramedy (like Jersey Girl). There is definitely some flexibility here; common sense should be used.

Example:

April 1st
    1. Tommy Boy - (year) - comments, etc, if you want!

April 2nd
    2. Shaun of the Dead - (year) - comments, etc
    3. Jersey Girl - (year) - comments, etc

That pretty much sums it up. Most of you should be familiar with these challenges by now, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. As of now, this challenge is purely for fun, but other (future) challenges may include prizes!

Again, the challenge will start on April 1st (@ 12:00am), in one week, and will run until the 30th. Any movie started before 12:00 am on the 30th, but ends thereafter, will count!

Have fun!!!

"That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Bring it on, I'm ready for this challenge, got plenty of horrible B comedies lined up.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Sure what the hell. I've been meaning to rewatch some stuff.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm down, but I'll be surprised if I get around to watching at least half as many movies as I watched during the Oscar challenge. Regarding horror-comedies, I guess this would be a good opportunity to tackle the "Evil Dead" trilogy.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Even though I watched it tonight, can I include "Letters from Iwo Jima" in my tally. That movie was hilarious. Especially that scene in the cave with the grenades.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

No, absolutely not Cap!!! First off, the challenge hasn't started yet, and secondly, that movie isn't a comedy. Common sense son, common sense!!!

The challenge starts in about an hour!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    No, absolutely not Cap!!! First off, the challenge hasn't started yet, and secondly, that movie isn't a comedy. Common sense son, common sense!!!
    Ah, crap. I concede.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I'll kick this party off:
    Watching right now:

April 1st
    1. Major League (1989) - Best. Baseball. Movie. Ever.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

You're two hours early, dillweed.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It was 1:06am on April 1st as I posted, bunghole.

Eastern Standard Time - in yo face!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!